?? about EQ online investigations

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by c5kirk, Jul 3, 2001.

1. c5kirk

c5kirk Well-Known Member

I have recently gotten my CR and Beacon score from Equifax online. I also signed up for their CreditWatch service. On their website they have a link to "Investigate". When I follow that link I eventually get to a form asking for some information. The first thing that it asks for is a "Confirmation #". Where do I find this confirmation #? I don't see it anywhere on the online report. Also, CSC handles Equifax accounts in my area... just wondering if this makes a difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Kirk

2. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

that is the number listed on your credit report. It's the credit report number.

3. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

i wonder why they are so quick on Exp to give an answer for an investigation online (they deleted something for me in less than 24 hours), but by mail take 6 weeks?

4. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I think they might have a more streamlined dispute system setup online.

i.e. less important items as addresses and names get removed asap. I really don't know how they those.

I think the bigest problem disputing by mail is to have the info entered into the system. employees at exp are known to be lazy bums. lol.

but anyway I think we where discussing equifax in this thread... ;)

5. c5kirk

c5kirk Well-Known Member

Thanks for the quick reply but I can't find any kind of confirmation # or "credit report number" anywhere on my online report. Do I have to get my report by mail to do this??

6. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

o.k. why don't you try this.

view the online report in the "print mode".

the confirmation number is all the way on the bottom of the online report.

it's there I just double checked my report.

7. c5kirk

c5kirk Well-Known Member

Aha! Think I've found the problem. Must have something to do with my Equifax report being handled by CSC.... when I look at the bottom of my report in Print format all I have is the following...

investigate your file

If you would like to investigate an item in your credit file, please contact CSC Credit Services, Box 674406, Houston, TX, 77267 at (800) 442-1411

Looks like I can't do an online investigation directly with Equifax since CSC handles my report for them. Checked out the CSC website and they have squat. This sucks. Thanks for the help everyone.

Kirk

8. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

I have purchased my online report with Equifax and there is a number. It was found on the initial page when you view your report. Not the login page, but when you actually go to view your report. It is even printed in a different color text.

Mike G.