about Household Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MS, Aug 11, 2000.

1. MS

MS Guest

I just received a offer from Household Bank for Gold MC.Do you have any news about this bank ? I've never heard about it.
    Thank you in advance.

2. Paul G.

Paul G. Guest

URL for Household Bank

http://www.household.com/products.html

3. just me

just me Guest

I have a regular MC with them. They are getting pretty slow at posting payments - almost to the point where, for the last couple months, it's taken more than a week for the payment to post which just started happening. I'm getting rid of this card - transferring the balance to another and closing it.

4. John Debto

John Debto Guest

Slow about posting payments? HAHAHAH! They are NOT.

If you pay online it takes 2 days, max, and it's free. I don't know why YOU have a problem.

5. Frank

Frank Guest

I don't know why YOU have a problem
    with someone giving their personal
    experience with Household. They
    actually ARE slow, in my opinion.
    The jackass braying is really a BIT
    much, Mr. Debtor, but it must be how
    YOU best express yourself. John Debtor wrote:-------------------------------Slow about posting payments? HAHAHAH! They are NOT.If you pay online it takes 2 days, max, and it's free. I don't know why YOU have a problem.

6. just me

just me Guest

The only problem I have is your offensive tone to my message. This board is for people to express an opinion (about issues, not individuals, dumbass), which is precisely what I was doing. My experience has been as I stated: Household bank IS slow to post payments (versus other banks). Perhaps it is because I live in Washington DC and my payments go to California; perhaps the mail is slower in that part of the West coast; or perhaps Household bank is just plain slow to post. Whatever the case, I have the option to transfer the balance to my Traveler's platinum card, which I'm doing.

7. John Debto

John Debto Guest

Now we find out you are mailing your payments to Household Bank, I have no idea why.

Do you also mail your comments somewhere for posting on this board?

There is nothing with Household Bank so go
    ahead and cancel your account because you can't figure out how to pay your bill online.

Your comment below is WRONG, it is outrageous and offensive.

"I have a regular MC with them. They are getting pretty slow at posting payments - almost to the point where, for the last couple months, it's taken more than a week for the payment to post which just started happening. I'm getting rid of this card - transferring the balance to another and closing it"

8. Phooey!

Phooey! Guest

Actually, Mr. Debtor, YOU'RE
    wrong, outrageous, and offensive. John Debtor wrote:-------------------------------Now we find out you are mailing your payments to Household Bank, I have no idea why. Do you also mail your comments somewhere for posting on this board?There is nothing with Household Bank so go ahead and cancel your account because you can't figure out how to pay your bill online.Your comment below is WRONG, it is outrageous and offensive."I have a regular MC with them. They are getting pretty slow at posting payments - almost to the point where, for the last couple months, it's taken more than a week for the payment to post which just started happening. I'm getting rid of this card - transferring the balance to another and closing it"

9. just me

just me Guest

Ok, once again, dumbass, that was MY experience with this lame "bank." MY thoughts and experiences are NOT "wrong." Apparently there's a class-action lawsuit against Household for late posting. If you still think I'm "offensive" and "wrong," feel free to do an internet search. Since you've skillfully mastered the "talent" of on-line bill paying (and quite obviously proud of it) this should be easy for you. By the way, here's a quote from someone participating in the aforementioned (that means 'previously referenced' in case you're polysyllabically challenged) lawsuit:

"It's time to put a stop to this practice of charging late fees when payments are sent on time, harassing people to Western Union Payments or provide personal checking account information, in some cases for money not even owed, sending bills to the wrong address and then expecting you to pay the late fees for their (Household Bank's) negligence."

I'm sorry my comments agitate you so. Could it be you're affiliated with Household in some way? Like maybe you're one of those $7/hour customer service reps?