About the Citibank club (long

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Lanoro, Oct 17, 2000.

1. Lanoro

Lanoro Guest

Hello, I'm a Citibank card holder too, but so what. Iâ??m new to this site but I must say I do agree with some of the posts stating that enough is enough. I say this because when too many useless threads are started then it moves down questions that some poor little old lady has been asking and waiting for a response to. Some of you may skip down and look at the older posts but many visitors just won't and then you have people with real needy questions and no answers, some of the times.

Also a good point was made about obtaining credit and it's use...there really is very little good sense to having a small income and obtaining large amounts of credit...If you have more credit than you can ever hope to pay back then you need to ask yourself what good will this ever do for me? Is it really piece of mind or is there another name for it? If you use credit cards to pay bills in hard times well is that not what got you in trouble the first time around?

I would love to hear people be happy and talk about the new high paying job they just got or the new business they just started but I guess this is the wrong board for that. Remember folks; credit cards are just credit and not the same as winning the lottery or getting a higher paying job. The sad fact is that a very high number of people who have very bad credit or will create bad credit do so by having more credit to begin with, than they can ever hope to keep up the payments on. BTW' I am someone who once had very bad credit because I allowed myself to fall into the trap, I've since then had it ALL removed and although I am young I know I could have find myself in the same boat again if I allowed myself to think itâ??s money in the bank and not just credit aka a loan.

Anyhow I know I won't let the shiny new cards in the mail make me too happy because they aren't really here to look out for my best interest. Itâ??s great that people are obtaining better rates than the likes of CCB and others but really peopleâ?¦does it really get you off to walk into a store with a Citibank gold card, make a purchase and then walk out into an old used car that you are still making payments on? To me the magic has worn off and Iâ??m only in my early 20â??sâ?¦I have a friend who is 22 years old and carries 2 gold cardsâ?¦that was the day I realized my prime cards were no big dealâ?¦much like cell phonesâ?¦we all have them now so itâ??s not much to write home about anymore. Good luck to all and please donâ??t let credit, control your life and then turn on you and make you afraid to get your mail every month. Sorry for the long post, I just figured I would finally speak up.

2. justme

justme Guest

RE: About the Citibank club (l

well said. Gold cards mean nothing now - look at all these people with Capital 1 gold cards with miniscule $200 limits. My silver and blue Bank of America card has a limit 30 times that and regardless, do people really think the $8/hr clerk at Bloomingdales is really going to notice or care?

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

If you were referring to me about the income remark, too bad you feel that way. I stated my income because people who had been here a while, knew my income from my mortgage questions from earlier post. I dont think my income helped me with the citi situation but other did. But if people were going to apply for the card, I wanted to put all my cards on the table. And just for the record, no one here makes alot of money. I dont think anyone here took the card at hitting the lottery. We just know a little more about credit scores than you do maybe. getting rid of the numerous subprime cards that some of us have is a great thing for our scores. For those who couldnot get a high limit from the subprime companies are very pleased. That is what the hype is over the citi card.

4. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Don't worry too much about us little old ladies. We've experienced damned near everything, so we can hold our own.

Looking back over our advanced years, we've fought tougher battles, drank stronger whiskey, walked meaner streets, and had better sex than most younger people! Hell, we can certainly handle waiting a little longer for answers to our questions.

Y'all need to relax a little, and don't let those useless threads bother you so much! It's small stuff. Whenever you run across things that really get on your nerves, just ask yourself "This causes the end of the world how?"

Lanoro, I promise you, sweetie, everything will be OK. Take care :)

5. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

Just wanted to add the reason that I wouldn't mind the citibank card with 9k limit. I have one &200 and one $500 card. If I have $500 charged, then I have over 70% of my credit used. BBBAAAADDDD news if I want to apply for any type of credit, only 30% of my credit is available, and that is killer on credit scores. If I get a 9K card, that reduces it to barely over 5% used, Very good if I want to buy a house or car. :::-----))))

6. Saar

Saar Banned

"Looking back over our advanced years, we've fought tougher battles, drank stronger
    whiskey, walked meaner streets, and had better sex than most younger people"

Doris, you're the best! Keep these comin' :)

Saar

7. MrBelvedr

MrBelvedr Guest

I agree with Lanoro, I don't see the point of 500 separate threads (aka Topics) about the same exact topic. They are a waste of space on my screen. Important questions get missed. It is no big deal really but it would be nice if people learned how to properly use msg boards.

8. justme

justme Guest

Roni

Hey...I've noticed you have a lot to say and have an incredible need to be heard. But, contrary to what you might believe, you are not the center of my universe and nothing I said in any post referred to you personally. I don't know what your income level is or what your credit situation is, but I'm beginning to think you share way too much personal information on this board, then you have the nerve to tell people to stop gitting in your business. Well, you've made your beusiness everyone else's business by sharing in such a public forum, so theefore we DO have a right to comment.

9. justme

justme Guest

Roni

Hey...I've noticed you have a lot to say and have an incredible need to be heard. But, contrary to what you might believe, you are not the center of my universe and nothing I said in any post referred to you personally. I don't know what your income level is or what your credit situation is, but I'm beginning to think you share way too much personal information on this board, then you have the nerve to tell people to stop gitting in your business. Well, you've made your beusiness everyone else's business by sharing in such a public forum, so theefore we DO have a right to comment.

Besides, don't you have any REAL friends as oppsed to virtual ones?

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Roni

gitting??? beusiness. Diagnosis: Idiot.....

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I love you too...a--hole.

what a waste of fucking time you are.

12. Doris K.

I don't see the point of it either, but I also can't see the point in getting all worked up over nothing. Just blow it off and enjoy life.

Also, SMILE :)

13. Doris K.

Although I won't, sweetie, I could tell you stories that would make you too scared to sleep without the lights on ;-)

14. razor

razor Guest

RE: I love you too...a--hole.

Roni, I have read alot of your posts and have come to the belief that you're a fucking idiot who believes she knows everything about everything. I have seen where someone said they did something only to learn you have done it also. When someone said they got a certain card quess what you got one to.
    Know matter what someone has done or got you have done it longer or better. Most of the people I see with this problem are lonely MORONS who have to be better than everyone else. I'm sorry if this upsets you but I'm tired of reading your POTTY MOUTH responses
    everytime someone disagrees with you about something. Grow up and get a life, or at least realize your not the best at everything, or the smartest. Give us all a break PLEASE. This is from one @!#$ to another.

15. roni

roni Well-Known Member

cut.

Razor go cut yourself. FYI: I am pretty damn great. So you deal with that...

16. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

We've heard this about 20 times from you now.
    Thank you

17. razor

razor Guest

RE: cut.

No need to deal with it, in my opinion your
    still an uneducated egotistical moron who knows it all. But in fact knows nothing about
    nothing except maybe a little about citibank. That's about all you ever post about, and you have run that topic into the ground. As far as you being great, well lets
    just say your ego is bigger than your brains. So you deal with it!! LMAO!! As smart
    as you seem to think you are your last response was a little lame, hopefully you can do better this time.

18. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: cut.

UNeducated. Boy are you off the mark.

19. Doris K.

I'm old and damned near senile. That's what old women do--repeat the same old crap over and over! Hopefully, it will sink in someday. Now CHILL! Damn!