Access.....student loans

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lmckenzie, Jun 25, 2001.

1. lmckenzie

lmckenzie Well-Known Member

Question~

I have read the previous post and was curious did anyone know what the minium credit score is for qualifying for a access private student loans.

I attend a private universtiy and i need to get a private loan but the credit is a little shaky, I also am aware that Sallie Mae offers a signture loan but I think you need to have good credit...UHHHHH...also does anyone give private student loans without credit checks like the stafford loans that we recieve.

Thanks

Keisha

Looking at my credit makes spending 7 years in prison seems almost worth it.

2. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Keisha,

How shakky is your credit? You will not find a private lender, who does no credit check, if you do please share the information. My suggestion is Key bank if your Equifax file is really good and you don't have any recent delinquencies within the past two years, and only one paid collection, you may be able to get it, also try Access Group they are little more lenient, but not by much. I think their minimum score is around 620 without a cosignor.

Good Luck:)

Cyprigirl :)

3. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I did Key today and was denied (I think?). They wouldn't give me pre-approval but I don't know if that mean a big fat no.

Also, Citibank pulled my Equifax (I don't know if they pulled anything else) and I got a big fat no from them. I have one collection (unpaid) but it's being disputed (and it says so right on the report). Anyhow, when I get the letter from Citibank, I'll be SURE to call and plead my case.

Nonetheless, I'll let you know.

Also, I checked Access and unfortunately, my school wasn't listed with them. I'll have to call because my school wasn't listed with Key either but it should have been there.

This is a pain. I need this loan and folks are really starting to get on my nerves.

4. lmckenzie

lmckenzie Well-Known Member

Thanks......I have got to tell you that my Equifax is my better score I don't have anything recent that is bad I do have 2 chargoffs that are about 3 years old.....I applied to access tonight and it said they need to review my credit and they wouldd let me know something in about 48 hours...so I will definitly keep you posted....

Keisha

5. Shantel

Keisha....YES...please please do!

6. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Shantel,

that does not mean you have been denied, they usually take a few days to process it, the only thing they may question you about is the unpaid collection but if it comes off or you pay it and provide them with a letter,explaining what happened. I think you should be fine.

Good Luck:)

Cyprigirl:)

7. Shantel

Thanks Cyprigirl. I was kind of depressed about the situation. I've already sent a letter to the collection agency....payment in full for exchange for deletion. Let's hope that works!

I also got an alert from Privista and saw the Citibank Student Loans pulled my Equifax. I don't know if they pulled anything else, but if they denied me because of the collection...they WILL be hearing from me!