Accuracy of e-loan scores

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by loni, Jun 21, 2001.

1. loni

loni Member

Can any of you credit savvy people out there tell me how accurate scores from e-loans are?? My e-loan score is 690 and my fico is 620. Why such a big difference. Thank You

2. jfpruitt

jfpruitt Well-Known Member

I would like to know this also, mine was 681 and my FICO was 642....

3. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

I heard much about vast differences in Eloan scores as opposed to FICO.

But mine was pretty close: Eloan 644... FICO 649

4. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

Well I got my e-loan score first and then my equifax score like a week later they were the same number.

5. miles

miles Well-Known Member

We should probably take into account that FICO scores from the bureaus are raw scores. Once you receive a score from a lender, it has probably went through their own scoring system, thus resulting in the final score. Just a thought.

6. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Your eLoan score is based upon your Experian report. Your FICO Beacon score is based upon your Equifax report. If there are differences in the two, they'll be reflected in your scores. Plus, the FICO and eLoan scores are based upon two different formulas (although, interestingly, Fair Isaac helped eLoan and their partner-in-crime CreditXpert to develop the eLoan score), so there would be some difference even if the two scores were based upon the same CRA.

Randy

7. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

I couldn't find for certain who Eloan pulled, but I thought I had read somewhere that it was experian. The site (E-Loan) mentions that the score comes from one of 3 credit reporting agencies...

My credit expert (experian) differs from ELoan (I am assuming experian) by about 50 points! ELoan differs from my Equifax (which is FICO, a different scoring model) by about 30 points. I think that the only scores that you can take as accurate are those generated from the CBs themselves.

I also saw that TU is now offering scores on their website. BEcause I had pulled worthknowing in the last 6 weeks, they wouldn't give me my report/score online.

8. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

TU Score offered online

I don't see where they offer the score. All I see is that it is now available. Does this mean it will come with the snail mailed report??