ace visa

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by deanna, Mar 27, 2000.

1. deanna

deanna Guest

Ok, so they suck you in and you take a credit card...they charge you almost 400.00 for a credit repair kit they call ace. Well now i found out they are no longer issuing the kits and here i am stuck with a huge charge for a service i never have gotten nor will probably ever see.....So the question of the day is........how ruined is my credit now if i refuse to pay for the kit i have never gotten? How can i get that charge removed from my balance? Help Me!

2. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

They scammed me two years ago, but I was stupid and used up the 40 dollars leftover. However, now that I'm trying to clean up my credit, I think I'll be sending them a letter asking for a copy of the contract I signed. (They called me over the phone and scammed me) I read if they can't prove it's a binding contract, then they can't report it as a debt, good or bad! But don't quote me on this for sure, I'm not sure what law that is. I'll find it and come back!

3. deanna

deanna Guest

Great cant wait to hear...yes, i stupidly used my 40 dollars before i knew i was being taken for a ride. Just so mad this happened when i was getting my credit all cleaned up, there has to be something we can do.

4. Seth

Seth Guest

I got the card 8 months ago. And decided I was getting taken about a month in. So I called them and cancelled the $400 kit. Then returned the kit. About 3-4 months later I received a check in the mail for (around) $120. The initial app. fee and interest.
    Now on my credit report it just shows account was closed by borrower.
    Hope everything comes out alright for you

5. answer

answer Guest

Well one of the easiest ways to get back go to this site and register. it's easier to keep track with one cancelled check instead of keeping record by statement (what if you need it somewhere else.?) put the cancelled check in a folder marked help for credit card..... or "my legal file..."
    Just copy and paste this adress, and go!http://members.aol.com/DJCAROLINE/1stpgindex.html