ACE Visa

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Larry, Jan 5, 2001.

1. Larry

Larry Guest

I'm kinda new to the board. I ready hundreds of messages but I did not see any messages on this Visa from this bank. Do anybody know anything that would be helpful.

2. Carrot

Carrot Guest

My friend has one--they are nothing but trouble. Check out what some folks have said about them:

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/scam/

3. S.D.

S.D. Guest

If this has anything to do w/ "Ace credit repair kit", I suggest you stay away! Big time trouble...Crooks, too.

4. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

United Credit National Bank (who used to administer the ACE Visa) program has been recently purchased by Household Bank.

I will, however, join in the chorus of those who warn against this card product. Not only did I pay up the wazoo for a rip-off package of information (I'm not sure how much it was--I'm trying to forget that I ever heard of this card...), but after I had been making all my payments ON TIME, for over a YEAR, these jerks closed my account because I supposedly went over the limit (which I didn't). So now I have a "CLOSED BY CREDIT GRANTOR" notation on my file because of them. However, I DO also have a Household auto loan (which is now 1 1/2 years old and never late). I am going to attempt a negotiation on this listing in about six months or so, with Household.

Cheers,
    Cindy

5. Confused

Confused Guest

Ace, AFCA, they're both money grabbing scam artists. I responded to a tadio commercial and made an appointment to see their rep. I get there and find out she's just a marketting person and fall for the bullshit. Supposedly, it would only be $49 to process and at that time, I was desperate because all I got was declined all over the place. I paid the $49 and I think $56 for annual fee and I don't even remember how much for the stupid pkg of useless info that could have been obtained right here on this site, with a monthly fee of $39. So I cancelled and they kept sending me bills for the monthly fee saying it takes 90 days to halt the program crap. I still have the credit card but AFCA can kiss mine.