Adding credit to report- Revisisted

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by supershawn, Sep 14, 2001.

1. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

I have been trying to get some accounts, positive, that were not reporting ADDED to my credit report. A few of you had asked for updates by emai land I figured it would be easier just to post it here.

Auto Loan- Ford Motor Credit. Let me just say that FMC is a GREAT company to deal with. I have worked with them a lot in the past and I would not hessitate to recommend them. Anyway, I sent my payment history to all three CRA's, all three ignored me. I sent one email to FMC this afternoon and received a response less than 1 hour later. The rep said while FMC is not 'required' to report, she sent notice to all three CRA's today and I should see it added within 60 days. She was VERY nice. Now THAT is customer service.

Mortgage- Metwest Mtg. Metwest refused to contact CRA's, but did send me a copy of my payment record. I have forwarded this to all three CRA's, and I have been ignored. I will continue to work on this one.

Thanks-
    Shawn

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Don't waste your time.... They don't add anymore... short of a lawsuit....

Sorry.......... :(

3. supershawn

I'm not sure what you mean...who doesn't add? The mortgage company I mentioned or the CRA's?

I have had three trade lines added in the past 4 months....A current auto loan just paid off(that I just mentioned), my previous Mortgage (before it was bought out), and a personal loan from 3 years ago.

I haven't sued anyone, I just asked for them to be added.

Shawn

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

HA!! :)) You got jokes tonight...

That's the funniest thing I've heard all week. But in all fairness.....I guess your mileage did vary.

5. supershawn

Sorry you had problems with them- I have had three loans myself through FMC and they have been great.

Also, our dealerships write more than 600 loans a month through FMC and we have very few problems, if any. They are one of the few auto loan companies that will really work with the consumer before taking an auto- I have persoanly seen them 'write-off' a great deal of interest to clear a title and get partial payment.

I am sure every situation is different though.

Shawn