adding good credit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shelby, Mar 24, 2001.

1. Shelby

Shelby Well-Known Member

I need some information. I am in the process of disputing derogatory entries on my credit but also need to have some more positives on my report. I bought a car and a boat from a family member who allowed me to make payments on them which I have now paid off. Is there any way to add this payment history to my credit report? And if so how would I go about doing this?

2. ble103

ble103 Guest

No,The cra's will not add any history to file from family members.Because it is not a bank,or any other business that are members of all 3 cra's.You will need to rebuild your credit with subprime lenders,and then after about 2 years your credit will be in better shape.

3. Michael

Michael Guest

My advice to you would be to do the following.

1. Get 1 or 2 Secured Credit Cards either from First Consumers, Bank of Am., Net Bank, or Chase.

2. You may want to think about geting a Collateral loan from a bank or Credit Union. $1,000.00 into a C.D. and you borrow $1,000.00 and make interest payments only, at the end of the year your C.D. pays off the loan. Make sure the bank will report this however!