Address Change w/ CRAs - Best Way

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Nov 13, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

O.k. I guess I'm full of questions today...

I am moving a mile away from my current home on December 1 (need more space for me and my boys). What is the best way to change my address with the CRAs????

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I NEVER DID, change with your credit card companies, they will do it for you...

The POST OFFICE has a "MOVING BOOKLET"...
    Many magazines have 800#'s...
    The credit cards have 800#'s...
    There isn't much you really need to send the cards for in the "MOVING BOOKLET"...
    MAYBE AUNT MARTHA???
    The POST OFFICE will forward "MOST" of the mail for 3 months, I think...

3. Cadillac408

Well I already did the move request with the USPS. They now offer it on-line!

https://www.moversguide.com/

Beats going to the post office and filling out that card in that booklet.

I guess I could just submit the changes with all my credit cards and watch my address w/ the CRAs change magically.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

When you change the address with the credit card companies...ask if they can increase the credit limit "WITH-OUT AN INQUIRY" or lower the interest rate while you are on the phone...

5. SofaKing

SofaKing Well-Known Member

I did all mine online with each CRA. It's good to have them all updated fast so you can use your new address when you log on for a new report.

As some already know, conflicting addresses may mean no instant report online! : (

SK

6. Cadillac408

HA! :))

Slick GEORGE....slick! :p

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

They always ask you if there is anything else they can do...

8. Serenity

Serenity Member

I was able to call them up and change it. I also requested to delete all old addresses and claimed they were inaccurate. Then I waited until I received an updated credit report to dispute my accounts. I personally feel removing old addresses made it difficult for the CRAs to *verify* my account. If the creditors/CA have and old address that I removed, they cant verify.