Address Correction question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by verynyse, Aug 4, 2003.

  1. verynyse

    verynyse Member

    I am in the process of vacating a judgment. I know the first step is to remove the old address(s) from my CR. Is this as simple as me listing the old (innacurate) address(s) with a "not mine" next to them in a formal letter(tread#?) to all 3 of the CA's??
    THANK YOU :)
  2. lakpr

    lakpr Well-Known Member

    Seems that it is as simple as you said -- some on this board even had success in simply calling up CRA's and having the address deleted while on the phone.

    Just my luck, when I disputed addresses on Experian on the phone, I got the run-around -- "we do not delete addresses, sir! There is no time limit for the addresses to remain on your report, sir!" ... :(

    I tried the written-letter approach, and I got a "we consider your dispute frivolous" response :(

    But when I bought another report from EXP 3 months later (I monitor my reports quarterly), the old addresses WERE removed ... go figure!

    Best of luck
  3. verynyse

    verynyse Member

    Experian said no problem on the telephone regarding deleting an incorrect address.
    Now on to the other 2 CRA's...
    thanks for the support :)

Share This Page