Addresses and credit score

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Imhosed, Aug 11, 2001.

1. Imhosed

Imhosed Well-Known Member

Does the number of addresses on your credit report affects your credit score?

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I'm not much of an expert on credit scores, but I believe that it does, at least to some extent since length of residence does carry weight on credit scores. Lots of it in fact.

Another factor that probably has quite a bit of impact on a credit score although I have no actual knowledge to work from is that where you live may very well weigh into your credit score.

There is a national company whose name escapes me at the moment that rates all of the residential areas according to economic status or levels. Those who live in a poorer neighborhood receive much lower scores than do those who live in the ritzier areas of town.

So that may very well be a part of one's score.

I'm just guessing, however and have no actual proof of what I say.

3. Imhosed

Imhosed Well-Known Member

bbauer,

Thanks for your input. I just go ahead and the CRA's to get rid most of the addresses they have listed on my report. Has anyone had any luck doing that?

4. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I agree Bill, I was told by someone who does market research for companies and they told me that your zip code is a good indicator of what kinds of offers you get from the CCCs.

I don't know know for sure about the scores, but I suspect the same thing, just speculation at this point.

Maybe its one of the little secrets, FICO doesn't want us to know.

Cypri:)

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Not positive...but I disputed an address that was totally wrong as a previous address...they removed it and I LOST points...(it was a variation of current address).