Advanta National Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Alex - Cre, May 16, 2000.

1. Alex - Cre

Alex - Cre Guest

Hello:

I'm looking to get a credit card for business use through Advanta National Bank, they do look reliable but has anyone had any experience with this bank? Good or bad?
    Thanks.

A.F.

-----------------
    Free Credit Repair Information!
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

2. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

CreditWorks was given an account about a year after being in business. They since have increased our limit to $17,000. I have had no problems. We have read in the past that they are one of the bad ones.

http://www.creditsense.com

3. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

Bad?

Well I suppose recently being fined 10 million dollar plus and fees in a class action lawsuit as well as having your own stockholders launch another class action suit for what amounts to charges of incompetence and lack of foresight would be considered bad in some circles :):)

4. BOB

BOB Guest

Wish this would happen to CCB

Steven, I wish something like that would happen to CROOKS COUNTRY BANK, maybe that would force them to get rid of their unethical Mr. Shaw, Mr. Williamson, and Joseph the man with no morals. Of course
    if Rocco got fired I would get so excited
    I'd probably have to change my Depends.

5. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

RE: Wish this would happen to

Bob, I feel for you and I wish I could give you some good news or reason to hope but once again I must inform why I don't see this happening to Crooks Country Bank any time soon.

The fact was/is Advanta is a prime bank that basically screwed its good credit (in this instance they were the best credit) customers and got nailed when they retaliated with a massive class action suit made all the easier by the slam dunk case it really was.

The reason Providian came under fire and will pay BIGTIME when all the class action suits dust has settled was because they screwed many not only in the 10% of sub-prime category but those in the 90% prime one's as well.

The same thing will happen with First USA and any other "prime creditor" that attempts to cheat its clients with common sub-prime tactics.

As far as any class action suits against CCB, I'm not holding my breath, for two years now its been 'all talk no action' by numerous individuals and supposed lawyers, the money and the resolve is just not there period! the same can be said about certain articles and exposes that were supposed to be written, yeah suuuuuuuuuuuuurrrree

With that in mind, the only recourse I can offer to any abused CCB customer is to sue them individually, the result of which is a foregone conclusion (automatic WIN) and an end to your personal nightmare, and I suppose at some point if enough convictions and defaults come about ESPECIALLY through the same judges then finally some action will be taken.

6. Bobby G

Bobby G Guest

Check your local papers ... the FBI is now looking into telephone threats by CCB employees to go into bank accounts to get payments. (It's called EMBEZZLEMENT) Rocco and his "associates" will be looking at 10 to 20 if convicted! We can only hope ...BG

7. Len

Len Guest

My experience with Cross Country was so outrageous and weird that Mulder and Scully should be assigned the case. Cross Country's whole operation is a definite X File. I just wish Janet Reno would storm the damn place.

8. BOB

BOB Guest

Len, I doubt that Janet Reno will storm CCB
    on One Account, THERE ARE NO CHILDREN INVOLVED, Janet Reno only seems to act when kids are involved,( I guess she hates kids)
    Although the employees at CROOKS COUNTRY BANK
    have the intelligents level of a new born
    they are probably classified as adults.
    And they are the biggest group of adult
    idiots in this country working for one Bank.

9. BOB

BOB Guest

Steven, I was just doing some wishful thinking when I posted, I know that a suit
    against CCB will probably never happen.
    The reason, it's customers don't have the
    resources (money, or time.) I was glad to here your comments on providian, I wondered
    why all of a sudden they changed their attitude, and their customer service dept.
    became easier to work with.
    Thanks
    Bob

10. creditwork

I don't know about the other cases where Reno hurt kids, I guess you are talking about Waco, but in the Miami case, she was left no alternative, but to storm the place. The kid now is where he is supposed to have been from the start.

11. BOB

BOB Guest

I don't disgree with he's where he should be
    I just don't like the way she did it. I respect the fact you are due your opinion'
    and I respect that opinion, as I hope you respect the fact I am also due my opinion as
    we all are in this country. And yes the other situation was Waco, Don't forget the ruby ridge fiasco also.

12. creditwork

It is a "free" country, we are all entitled to our opinions. Yes, I respect your opinion. I was merely stating mine.