Advice for Experian online disputes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by moneyelf, Sep 10, 2003.

1. moneyelf

moneyelf Well-Known Member

A little long:

I received my password in the mail yesterday. Since Experian says I can only log on once (true?) thought I'd get some tips from board members. Of course will print out the report :)

I heard there are multiple choice answers to guestions (true?)

What is the best way to delete old/incorrect addresses with Experian?

What is the best way to delete items? Some are too old to be listed anyway (I can see this because I got my infiles the other day). What happened to the 7 year limit, I wonder? Do I have any kind of case if I dispute as not mine and also a 7+ year old date anyway?

I think the CRA's sometimes fib, too, as I see date of last activity on some items being given dates that are totally impossible. 10 years past DOLA or more. I am leaving anything positive in that I can, though, as well as the addresses that are associated with only the goodies (not the baddies or negs).

Also I have heard of good items being deleted along with requested deletion of incorrect addresses BUT has anyone ever heard of bad items being deleted along with requested deletion of incorrect addresses when items were not actually disputed?

2. moneyelf

bump

bump.
    Can anyone help with this one at all? Wanted some advice befor going online with Experian. Thanks.

3. moneyelf

bump

Still hoping...any online dspute vets out there? Reading past posts, too on three different boards on average, but so far still needing assistance.

4. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

bump

Online disputes are multiple choice. Try not mine, or do not recognize.

5. DanS

DanS Well-Known Member

-

As long as you have a report number, you can get back on to dispute at Experian.

For info like names, addresses, employment, etc. you'll have to submit by mail. Took me three times but they finally got it right. Sorta. Now there's a new SS# "alias" I knew nothing about. It's like playing Wack-A-Mole, you just keep picking up the hammer...

Online is easy and convenient and limited. I would suggest doing just one or two items at a time, and waiting as long as you can between. Don't try for anything more complex than "not my account" online.

Be prepared to have nothing happen and then get locked out of being able to dispute online. That's when you start writing letters, look around for examples.

6. gmaof1

gmaof1 Well-Known Member

-

you can get addresses and personal info. deleted on the phone with Experian
    1-800-583-4080
    You can tell them it's a incorrect address or you never lived there.

7. rhondak

rhondak Well-Known Member

I need to get 26! yes, 26! addresses deleted. It's ridiculous. (Experian - so who's surprised).

AND

5 different names (that still leaves 2 that are correct - one with the middle initial and one without - all the rest are wrong)

birthdate is wrong, too

8. gmaof1

gmaof1 Well-Known Member

I needed 17 addresses. I did half one week and a few days later the other half. They are all gone!