Advice please

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dolly, Jan 19, 2001.

1. dolly

dolly Guest

I have been trying to repair my bad credit for the past year or so. I started with a secured Cap One Visa ($300 limit) and then got an unsecured Orchard MC ($500 limit) and was then pre-approved for a Platinum Discover with a 5,000 limit which I also received. It was kind of hard keeping on top of all the payments etc. so I decided to drop the Cap One Visa as it had the lowest limit. I HAD been getting pre-approvals from better banks and Amex etc. and I was sure I would be able to get an unsecured Visa. This is not the case. I cannot even get a regular Cap One Visa now. What should I do? I must have 8 inquiries on my credit reports now from the past month or so. How long should I wait to apply for something else? I also applied for a Sears card figuring I could get one as I have made payments on time etc. on my Discover card bit was turned down for â??address verification could not be obtainedâ?. What should I do now and how long should I wait to apply for something else? I would like to have at least 4-5 lines of credit as opposed to just two (I do not have a car or phone in my name so credit cards are the only thing.)

Help, pleaseâ?¦

2. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

Get the bad stuff deleted from your report.

-Alwilda Smith

3. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Why don't you ask to send in proof of your address. Doesn't your Discover bill have your name and address on it? And like Alwilda said dispute the negative items and try to get them removed. Did you try Providian? I hear they are easy to obtain.

4. Brandon

Brandon Guest

Sears is no longer affiliated with Discover so they wouldn't know anything about your credit with them except what is provided on the credit bureau. Most likely that decline means you have multiple addresses on your credit file or that you gave an address that was not listed on your credit file and is in somebody elses name. An example would be an apartment complex or former rental.