AFCA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by AJ, Jun 23, 2000.

1. AJ

AJ Guest

Has anyone had any luck not having to pay
    AFCA the 90 day cancel fee? They are telling me that if I don't pay, they will turn out for collection. Keep reminding me that I
    signed the contract, and its not their fault
    that bank severed ties with them. This is a
    giant scam. I have spent the last 2 years re-building my credit-don't really want any "black marks" from the bureaus.

2. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

I HAD THE SMAE SITUATION WITH AFCA COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO. I CONSISTENTLY CALLED AFCA AND DEMANDED MY REFUND. I ALSO FORWARDED A COMPLAINT TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU IN COLORADO AND THE STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL. I DID RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU IN COLORADO AND AFCA, WHO STATES, THAT HE DID NOT KNOW OF MY CASE PERSONALLY, BUT ADMITTS THAT AFCA DID OWE ME A REFUND. I RECEIVED A REUND 15 DAYS LATER.

GOOD LUCK

AJ wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Has anyone had any luck not having to pay
    AFCA the 90 day cancel fee? They are telling me that if I don't pay, they will turn out for collection. Keep reminding me that I
    signed the contract, and its not their fault
    that bank severed ties with them. This is a
    giant scam. I have spent the last 2 years re-building my credit-don't really want any "black marks" from the bureaus.

3. spyguyjim

spyguyjim Guest

Please loose the caps already! Its considered shouting on the net plus its extremely hard to read continous caps.

4. Mo

Mo Guest

I assume the fee in not an onerous amount. If that is the case and you have two years of rebulidng under your belt, I suggest you pay the thing and THEN spend your time getting the money back.

In my opinion, it is not worth taking a hit on your credit (especially if you're rebuilding) over a small amount (if it is, indeed, a small amount). I hate giving this advice...I really do, but sometimes it is worth your time, effort, expense, and sanity to just "give in". Never forget that you are pursuing a goal here. Do not fall back on undue principle to your detriment. It will do you NO good in your efforts at rebuilding if you have a collection for $100 on your report....but you have the "satisfaction" of knowing that, by golly, you were in the right!

As I said, this advice is hateful to me, but focus on moving forward with your efforts. If you are able to recoup your money 6 months from now, you win. If you ultimately fail to get it back, consider it a payment towards your road to rebuilding.

5. AJ

AJ Guest

Mo-Thanks for the advice. Its $117 for their 90 day cancel fee even though the bank that they had the card program with has now dropped them. Suppose I'll just pay it. Their attitude on the phone is simply arrogant. "You signed the contract-its out of our control that the bank dropped us-not our problem".

6. BOB

BOB Guest

AJ, I would advise you to do as Mo said and pay it, then fight for your refund. $117 is
    not enough to risk 2 years of rebuilding over. It could undo all you have acomplished
    in the past 2 years. As Mo said I know it's not what you wanted to hear but it's the best way to do it. Good Luck to you.
    BOB