AFCA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jeanette, Apr 6, 2000.

1. Jeanette

Jeanette Guest

What is going on with AFCA? They are telling me I have to continue to pay membership fees even though the program I signed up for is no longer in existence. No credit card increases any more. What the heck is going on?

2. Angel

Angel Guest

What? No increases...program no longer exists? What did these people tell you...I am a cardholder and I have not recieved anything from them except my monthly statement.

3. Jeanette

Jeanette Guest

Angel,
    What, Iam being told is that the band UCNB that they were associated with is going through some type of audit and they will no longer be giving any increases of cards to anyone else. I have spoken to AFCA and Iam being told that the contract that I signed says that the bank has the right to do this and that AFCA is not going to be held responsible. As far as Iam concerned I signed up with AFCA and they better hurry up and find a way to get me my increases they promised every three months and my Master Card. I have paid great for a year and havent heard anything. They also said that if I canceled my membership with them they would take my Visa back. I dont understand how they could do that if they are no longer affiliated with the bank who I have the card with. I hope to hear something positive soon.

4. Judy

Judy Guest

I can tell you that the same thing happened to me. They are trying to get members and then they give them a $300 credit limit card for $39.00 per month. You pay all these fees and then when it comes time to get the benefits, they "have the option to change their mind". Even if you want to cancel you have to pay fees for 90 days. This is a total rip-off. I am considering taking legal action against this "organization". They also claim they are "providing the same services they always have", which includes discounts on prescriptions and movie coupons! Funny the only website for afca is how to become a dealer.

5. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

According to what you and Jeanette have said it looks AFCA is not holding up to and have violated their written mandate and promised requirements.

Furthermore they must give you timely notification of changes in service, though I highly doubt that such an intricate part of their service can be summarily discarded without drafting up a new agreement.

My advice to the both of you and other potential victims is to take it up with a qualified trial lawyer and let him/her decide if their is a basis for a class action suit.

I will tell you this much if its deemed so and they smell blood you and the other members will be deluged by offers of lawyers eager to take your case.

GOOD LUCK and let us know what happens.

6. Gina

Gina Guest

I also have had an AFCA Visa card for years. I too would like to be kept posted and included in anything that anyone finds out about this situation.

7. Daniel

Daniel Guest

I saw the AFCA Commercial on TV and applied for the card in January 00. It is now April 2000, and i still have not received a card. I have called the UMB Bank numerous times, to only be told that they are going through an audit and that they no longer carry AFCA. The second time that i contacted UMB Bank they told me that I was not in there system and that there was no record of me. I then inturn called AFCA who stated that i was in there system and that a refund was sent out a week ago. Since this time, i have contacted the Better Business Bureau in Colorado the home of the AFCA headquarters. Their website is www.bbb.org They say that they will contact the headquarters and have an answer back within 4 weeks. Please keep me posted on a class action suit, for I would like to take part.

Thanks Daniel

8. Richard

Richard Guest

I have had an Visa with them for about 5 years. I am in the process of closing my bank account at one place and have opened one somewhere else. When I tried to contact AFCA to change my information, all of the numbers that I have are now operated by other companies, some of which told me that AFCA is no longer in business! Why have they continued to automatically deduct their fee from my checking account if they aren't in business any longer? And if they are, how can I contact them. I have searched the internet and phone books, with no luck.