Ah, the power of Platinum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Himmel, Apr 16, 2001.

1. Himmel

Himmel Guest

I called Aria's Cust. Rep. to request final payment and closeout my Aria Persona. I was transferred to "the proper department" where I was asked why I wanted to close.

I stated that I now have a Platinum MC from CitiBank, and that my $89. fee for Aria Persona is coming up in a couple of months, I see no reason to keep a card with an annual fee, higher rate, and my lowest limit.

He gladly waived my $89. annual fee and reduced the rate to 16.9. Then asked if there was anything else that he could do for me. I was quite satisfy I didn't bother w/ the CL increase. Anyway, I'm going to their site to pay the balance off anyway, $570. of $600. I won't be using it for the next 5-6 mo. I hope they get the hint that $600. can't really be enough credit to buy anything.

My next move:
    CorTrust Visa, $49. annual fee, limit $1300.
    Orchard MC, $69. annual fee, limit $850.

I don't know what the rate but I'm quite sure its up there.

Thank you all for the encouragement & courage to request this annual fee waiver plus rate reduction, it was much easier than I expected.

And oh, I have already rang up >$7k on my CitiBank MC. in balance transfers, cash advances (to fix my roof from the recent wind storm 'til my insurance check comes), and Infinity speakers. I'll pay most of it this wk, then pay the rest within 3-4 mo. to maximize my credit. I hope the high balance is used to calculate your limit while I've heard that CitiBank not reporting credit limits.

Himmel :)))

2. F.F.M

F.F.M Guest

If you don't mind me asking.... What is your fico score?

3. Himmel

Himmel Guest

My FICO scores SUX big time.

I have a 606 TU, & 600 Qspace, pulled back in 1/01.
    Requested my Beacon from Eq on 3/18, -> 595. :(

I really have to raise these in a hurry as I'm paying
    14.9% Int. on my house, & 18.9% Int. on my car. Because of it, I've been paying 3x my mortgage paymnt, 2x my car payment, I should switch cause of the higher interest on the car plus the house int is tax deductible, pretty dumb huh... I'm so broke because I practically cry every time I see how much interest they're robbing me every month. sob*

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW HIGH YOUR FICO SCORE HAS TO BE B4 YOU QUALIFY FOR THE 7-9% Int. rate? I would like to refinance in say 6 mo.

I have 3 negs remaining of each report, each 3 has a differing negative item.

4. dave

dave Well-Known Member

How did you get Citibank with scores that low?

5. ble103

ble103 Guest

Having a score of 680,or more will get you these low rates of 7.9% to 9.9%,just as long that a person has no black marks on their credit file.

6. Himmel

Himmel Guest

Dave,

How did I get a CitBank Platinum Select MC w/ those scores?

Ask Sam!
    He was the one that mentioned, posted, that anyone can get a CitiBank Platinum Select MC. That encouraged me to applied. :)

As Sam puts it, I'm one of those that fell through the crack.. or something like that.

I, however, like to think that I have excellent credit, for the past 2½ years anyway. heh heh ;)

ble103, Yes, I figure it was at least 680.

7. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Have you thought about going FHA for a refinance or does your mortgage amount exceed the limit in your area? FHA usually gives competitive rates for people with so so credit.