Airline mileage credit cards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kendal, Jun 21, 2000.

1. Kendal

Kendal Guest

Does anyone know who has the best airline mileage credit card out there? I need one that works with multiple airlines, gives one point for one dollar spent. I know that there are some out there like that but I'm not sure who has them.

2. JennyB

JennyB Guest

RE: Airline mileage credit car

I know CitiBank has an American Airlines Advantage card, though I don't know the particulars.

3. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

I would recommend the American Express Membership miles program. You can effectively earn miles in the 7 Major US Flag Carriers (United, American, Delta, USAir, Northwest, Continental, TWA) through their various marketing agreements, plus miles on SouthWest and a number of foreign flag carriers.

Diner's Club also has a similar program.

I know that some MC/Visa issuers like Chase started similar programs, but they have all but fizzled out.

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I've heard Capital One's Miles One card is a good program. I haven't heard any complaints on this card & they do work with several airlines.

5. RITA

RITA Guest

Bank of American Travel Choices Visa has a great program. You earn 1 pt for every dollar charge. They work with all Major US and International Carriers. 25,000pts for a free r/t tkt in us 40,000 pts for travel to Caribbean, Mexico,Hawaii, and Canada. 50,000 for r/t tkt to Europe (anywhere in Europe).

6. Binner

Binner Guest

Check out Webmiles. They are new but good so far and gave me a nice credit line :)