all citi member, list details here.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by leo728, Oct 19, 2001.

1. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Hi, since everyone is getting citicards left and right, why don't we all list the details that lead to approvals here.

What cards did you get, the limits, instant approval or not. And credit report they pulled, and all 3 CRA scores at the time of approval. And also what bad marks are on the reports.

This way we can compare notes and others that want to apply can see how the could fare if wanting to apply.

I will go first.

I applied for the citi aadvantage silver card. I got a $10.000 limit, I did not get instant approval, they pulled my TU report. My ex was 648, eq was 625 and tu was only 548 at the time I applied. And I have a clean report. Maybe about 14 inquiries total.

2. Larissa

Larissa Well-Known Member

Hubby got the Classic I think (it is blue)
    They pulled EQ
    $3500...he replied to a mailed preapproval...they did request income verification.

Tu 466!, EQ 589, EX 675

2 Paid Judgements, a couple paid collections, 2 car loans with lots of late pays (all 2+ old) 22 total inquiries, 2 in last 6 months. MBNA Chargeoff(unpaid) from 1998

Only CC Capital One Gold no lates, 6+ months old

Larissa

3. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

2 Silver AA Mastercards,$9000 each,instant approvals,acct # & exp date immediately available,no clue about which CRA they accessed.

Sister Girl

4. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

AT&T Universal - applied online w/preapproval code (third time was the charm). Not instant approval - $5K limit. Citibank Plat Select 2 months later - applied online, instant approval. Original $5K limit, upped to $12,500 with BT. They both pulled Equifax.

Don't know what my score was at the time, but it's averaged around 630-660 for the past year. The only negative was a paid medical collection for $128, 3 years old. Probably 3-4 inquires in prev 6 months.

Applied for AA card a few months ago, denied for prev history.

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Using the "already a Citi member", applied for both Silver and Gold AAdvantage on 8/15/01. Was approved for each instantly with a $5000 and $5500 limit. Had 1 paid collection, 1 unpaid collection, 1 paid auto chargeoff I9 with numberous lates, and 1 paid student loan I5. All of these were in dispute and they had date of last activities of 11/98 or older. I had about 17 inquiries in 12 months. They pulled 1 inquiry on Equifax. I don't know how much inquires cost you but the next time I applied for credit after Citi, I was told my score was 601 so I'm assuming that at the time I applied for Citi, my score was slightly higher.

6. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I couldn't wait any longer to apply. WOOHOO!
    I got $6500 on the silver AA and $5000 on Gold AA with immediate availability! They pulled EXP (my worst) with a CE score of 623.

How long should I wait to combine the two and convert to Platinum Select? Also, can I later combine my Clik AA card with the Platinum Select to have just one card? Thanks :)

7. mambomn

mambomn Well-Known Member

Applied for Citibank Silver-instant approval, $9000 CL
    Applied for Citibank Gold- instant approval, $9000CL

Both apps pulled Equifax.

Equifax: 690, one paid collection (98), two 30 day lates, 2 inquiries in past year. Following the advice on this forum, I put all my negatives in dispute before applying.

TU: 820, two 30 day late pays, 0 inquiries

EX: 680, one paid collection, two 30 day lates, 1 inquiry.

However, I just checked my CreditWatch report and noticed that Citicorp Services pulled two additional inquiries on the two days following my application (Citibank NA pulled just one inquiry for my two applications). What's up with that???? I was approved instantly so why did they pull additional credit checks?? And it wasn't even Citibank NA, but Citibank Services!! Anybody else with the same problem??

8. romanduv

romanduv Well-Known Member

Silver instant approval 2500 limit
    Gold instant approval 5000 limit

They pulled equifax, 697 at the time, oldest tradeline was only 6 months old. No negative info on report.

-Roman

9. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how long Citibank keeps a blacklist?

10. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Citi Platinum Select $6,400 12.49 apr 0% til 4/02
    Citi AA Platinum World $15,000 abt 15 or 16 apr (don't carry balance so I don't pay attention.
    ATT Universal $15,000 12.49 apr 0% til 4/02

Applied for the Select and ATT from preapprovals then applied for AA on web site. All three pulled Experian. Score at the time was a little over 700 - no major derogs, just some 30day lates. All were opened within a few days of each other mid summer.

11. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Shirley, my entry in their blacklist goes back to 1988.

12. sam

sam Well-Known Member

citicorp is the gold card. They pulled a hard inquiry when i combined my gold AAdvantage. They are a strange branch of citibank, doing whatever they feel like ;)