All inquries since 9-2000 gone!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Jul 20, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

When I pulled up my Experian file this morning, all inquiries since September 2000 are gone! My score is still showing 602, but there is no soft inquiry from creditexpert.com for today's date yet.

I can't wait to see what happens to my score when it updates today!

The only inquiries on my file now (6) are from real accounts I opened this last year (Orchard, Household and Capital One), Gulf State (which was the only one that verified in my disputes), American Express from 9-1999 when I was denied the secured Optima (I don't know why I didn't dispute this one because I disputed my April Amex inquriy and it was removed.. oh well, it will be off in a couple of months anyway) and Progressive insurance that is due to be deleted because of age at the end of this month.

I'm scared to dispute the three that led to actual accounts because someone here had posted that disputing those inquiries led to problems with active accounts.

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Geez..again, I'm so jealous but happy for you.

As a note, I emailed one company that had pulled one on me and hubby for mortgage in 2000 (I only applied this year)..and just got an email that they should have a letter to remove by 5 today for us both (experian "verified" it..yeah, right)..after they "research it."

Will update.

3. WHARDY

WHARDY Active Member

HOW DO GET INQUIRY'S REMOVED. WHAT IS THE PROCESS

4. FeliceRodo

FeliceRodo Well-Known Member

Gosh DaveLV you must have a magic bullet? I am disputing the inquiries I never authorized and your success really keeps my spirits up. Keep us posted on your results!

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

whardy..
    we are doing it online at Experian. If you have an Experian credit report, just start an investigation and dispute them.

Good luck!

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Congrats Dave!!

As I mentioned to Lizard King on another thread, Creditexpert has been great for deleting inquiries.

3 weeks ago, I had 12 hard inquiries. I disputed 9 of them. Like you I chose not to dispute:

Nordstrom
    Providian
    Target

as these account were opened in Jan - Apr 2001. I thought it would make the dispute process look frivolous to dispute them. Then I read that other thread you referred to about Experian reporting possible credit fraud to the card companies when someone disputed inquiries on new accounts recently opened. My blood ran cold.

As of yesterday, 4 inquires were deleted. 1 is verified (Capital One). 4 are pending.

Best regards - Jim

7. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

That is amazing. Just curious, how long has it taken from dispute to deletion? I disputed 2 inquiries on 6/29 that were deleted within a few days. I disputed 4 more on 7/1 and haven't heard a word.

8. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

LKH,

I know your question is meant for Dave.

As a side issue. Here is the breakdown of my 9 disputed inquies:

5 card account turn downs.
    3 Credit Union.
    1 Capital One

My Capital One account is 30 months old and I thought it was outrageous that they insisted on a hard inquiry for a credit increase. This inquiry was verified.

1 Credit union inquiry has been deleted. Leaving 2 inquiries pending. In my opinion, Credit unions don't like to follow up on these things.

3 of the 5 card account turndowns are gone.

Jim

9. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I disputed more inquiries this morning and have ALREADY SEEN RESULTS!

I had a Progressive Insurance inquiry that was due to be removed in August. They deleted it within hours of my dispute. I now have only five inquiries on my report:

â?¢ GULF STATE CREDIT
    This item is currently being investigated.
    Date: 09/01/2000

â?¢ ORCHARD BANK
    Date: 04/07/2000

â?¢ HOUSEHOLD
    Date: 02/24/2000

â?¢ CAPITAL ONE BANK
    Date: 12/06/1999

â?¢ AMERICAN EXPRESS
    This item is currently being investigated.
    Date: 09/22/1999

Gulf State verified last time, American Express deleted last time. I don't dare dispute the others because they led to active accounts.

10. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Wow.. I even got an "Official" notice of Progressive being deleted.

PROGRESSIVE INSURANCE
    Date: 07/29/1999
    Outcome: Deleted

Pending Items

GULF STATE CREDIT
    Account Number:
    Outcome: Pending

Date: 08/2001

AMERICAN EXPRESS
    Account Number:
    Outcome: Pending

It's frustrating that Credit Expert hasn't pulled my report yet today to update my score.

11. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

As I typed that last bit I checked Credit Expert and they have updated today. Score went from 602 to 611 and it shows 0 inquiries in the last six months.

My score was 575 on 6-9-01 and is now 611.