ALL previous lawsuits against CRAs'

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ender, Nov 8, 2001.

1. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

This message is directed towards Marie or others who may know of all the previous lawsuits filed against the CRA's and won. I will be going to court soon to battle with the CRA's and wanted to be able tto site multiple cases where consumers fought and won damages as well. More specifically, where the consumer requested multiple times to have items removed because they were either inaccurate or not theirs and the CRA's did not.

Are there web sites where I can look this info up or do you have examples/case #'s and information against all 3 CRA's? Please let me know, thanks in advance..

2. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

I listed EVERY case I know of previously. ;) It's exhaustive

3. QUEEN_BEE

QUEEN_BEE Well-Known Member

YEAH... A list like that would be VERY helpful.

4. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Marie: Do you know the title of your message by chance?

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Ender:
    Email me right away or turn on your email here.
    I have a post by greg fisher in another thread I think you will find helpful and I want to share it with you as I think it might give you some very good insights

Never mind, here it is. I found it quickly.

http://webpan.com/pgrice/chevy.htm

The actual case itself will not be of interest to you, just how they format things and prepare forms, filings, pleadings, that sort of thing.

6. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

I am still wondering if there are resources where Ic an look up the examples of past cases? Is greg fisher around - perhaps he might know?

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Greg does not answer questions, he only asks them. ;)

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

9. bbauer

bbauer Banned

There is another little situation I'd like to get some feedback on. We have seen many posts here on creditnet over the past several months talking about the credit bureaus sending people a letter demanding to know if they were using a credit repair firm and if so did the consumer wish to file charges on them and asking a bunch of yada yada questions about their experiences. Obviously this ploy is an outright attempt to intimidate.

I think it is also a violation or attempted violation of one's constitutional right to freely contract for whatever lawful purpose. And yes, that obviously leaves the door open to arguments about whether credit repair firms are or are not legal. I'll head that one off at the pass with the simple legal tenant which says that any activity which is not specifically defined as being illegal is legal. Credit repair is controlled by a plethoria of laws, but it has not been outlawed as a practice. So any such discussion would be a sidebar to the main question above.
    Is it a violation or attempt to violate one's constitutional right to contract?

What do you folks think?

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I think you have other laws you need to worry about first Bill...........

11. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

More for my argument that the RICO statutes apply here - impeding commerce.

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I said let's RICO~~~F.I.C.O. !!!!

13. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Guys - please do not crap on my thread. I am still looking for solutions to my questions? Any other resources I can check to find out some past cases won against the CRA's?? =)

14. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Sorry Ender didn't mean to. I can not edit it out, but I will ask PBM to remove my post.

Did you search the board for Marie's earlier "exhaustive" thread/post?

-Peace, Dave

15. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Ender,
    I tried to do a little searching for Marie's post and I think I may have found it, but it links to a server which is down so I could not check for sure whether this has the info, but in case the server comes back up, here is the link to Marie's post

Here is another good one from her that I thought was worth posting here as well - Another post from Marie

Hope that helps.

-Peace, Dave

16. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Thanks Nave - I have checked out a few sites.. I am specifically looking for examples of where a consumer disputed their tradelines multiple times, perhaps did validatoins with the ones listed on the report, and still had the CRA's fail to remove them.. then I would hope to cite these specific cases during my court cases. Looks like the CRA's are going to be fighting me.. so I want to be as prepared as much as I can. Thanks agauin

17. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Hey Ender, either turn your email on or email me. I've got something to send to you that may help.

18. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

19. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Thank You, Mr. Fisher.

Been looking for that one.

20. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

I actually posted a list on this board. Give me a bit and I'll see if I can find it. It was so long I had to cut and paste it even on this board. It's a list of all FCRA related cases.