AllState insurance pulled my--

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Aux, Mar 11, 2001.

1. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have been with Allstate insurance for almost 3 years now. Yesterday I have received TU Credit Report showing 1 inquiry from AllState insurance. I pay car insurance on time never late. Actually my car insurance will expire on February 19, 2001 but I sent out my payment since January 20, 2001 and they cashed it out before expiration date.

It appears on inquiry that they pulled my credit report on January 4, 2001.

Is there anything I can do? I don't want this inquiry stay on my report for 2 years. I also never authorize this inquiry. I live in NY anyway.

Please advice.

Thanks

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: AllState insurance pulled

Is it listed as a "hard inquiry" or is it listed as an AR/PRM inquiry???

3. river

river Well-Known Member

Travelers and Ceico pull my reports on regular basis,but it''s a softy,they said that these are the ones that creditors don't see.When I had Allstate,they also pulled on regular basis.I hears soft inquiries doesn't affect scores or such.

4. ble103

ble103 Guest

You need to be on your guard as far with allstate.They are looking at your credit standing.If they see some risk lookout your rates could increase.So you may want to shop around for quotes just in case they do up your rates that way you could switch right away if your rates goes up with allstate.If their inquirie is listed under where other creditors can see it then it will be a hard inquirie,and shouldn't have too much of an effect with your current lenders.Alot of insurance companies are using your credit score to price your insurance with,so if you have a good to execellent credit standing you will not have anything to worry about.

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Allstate didn't pull my credit reports from TransUnion on my auto insurance and they said that they pull your credit reports from TransUnion. They didn't do it but they pulled credit reoprts on my brother's house insurance.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SHOULD BE A "SOFT" INQUIRY...

Insurance companies one day decided that, credit had a link to DRIVING...

SO, IF YOU HAVE "BAD" CREDIT AND NEVER HAD AN ACCIDENT OR TICKETS...YOU BETTER START NOW!!!

TRANSUNION HAD AN INQUIRY FOR FARMERS INSURANCE...I TOLD THEM THAT THEY ARE NOT A CREDITOR BECAUSE I PAY IN FULL BEFORE COVERAGE STARTS!!!

TRANSUNION SAID THEY HAVE A LEGITIMATE REASON NOW, SO THEY DIDN'T CARE!!!

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Auto insurance rates is nothing to your credit history and it is another excuse for them to get more money from your pocket.

8. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

They pulld "Hard Inquiry" not soft. I've been with them for 3 years. They never pulled my credit report before even soft inquiry. This is weired.