Almost There ! But need help

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Deputy, Jul 8, 2003.

1. Deputy

Deputy Well-Known Member

Hello people. I have been working on my credit for about a year now (it was horrible). My scores with all three CRA's were in the 500's. I used Lexington Law Firm to do some of the work, while at the same time making many phone calls and trying to work with the people who origionally said "Wo wont budge".

My Trans Union report which one year ago showed 12 negatives and a score of 512 is now TOTALLY CLEAN OF ALL NEGATIVES, and my score with them is now 689 (a few high balances on credit cards, but will go up when I pay these bad boys off).

My Equifax report had an origional score of 530, and is now 658. It had 15 negatives, and now I am down to 2. Those two refuse to do anything, but I will get into that later.

My Experian report had the most negatives 1 year ago at 18 whopping negatives (yes, I was a bad boy when I was younger). They have refused almost everytime to even investigate my disputes. I always got a letter from them saying "we think someone else is trying to dispute your negatives, and we wont get off our butt and do our job and we will continue to violate your rights as long as we can because we are the worst form of scum...bla bla bla." So, I decided to call the origional creditors and collection agencies myself. By being polite on the phone (and a little begging didnt hurt), just last week I got letters in the mail on their companies letterhead stating they will delete the negatives. Once those are gone, I will have 1 negative left on Experian. WOO HOO, that negative will fall off on it's own in 11 months, so I am not too worried about it.

Okay. Now here is where I am stuck, and I hope you all can help.

Equifax: 2 Negatives left (from 15 a year ago)

Crescent Jewelers - I paid this through a collection agency many years ago. The CA does not show on my credit report, but Crescent Jewelers (the origional creditor) does. It shows as a PAID COLLECTION. They continously report it as accurate on this report although they failed to do so on the other reports thus getting deleted from them. I have called them, and they say "sorry, we will not delete it" we cant do that. When I tell them "Yes you can", they say, "well, we DONT do that". I dont understand why they are so bent on keeping this negative on, after all, they are paid.

AFNI (Dish Network Collection Agency) - Unpaid $45
    I have not paid this one. I think it is from a last bill that I never got or something like that. I called both the origional creditor and their collection agency telling them I would like to pay this, but I need a deletion in return. They both told me no way, we cant do that. Dish network does not appear on my report, but the collection agency does. Any suggestions ?

Sorry this was so long, but I wanted to share in the joy of my progress over the past year. Once I get these 2 last nasty negatives off, I will be one happy camper.

Thanks for listening, and please...Any suggestions would be great !