Am/Ex ? : Jason/Dogman?? Anyo

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Nov 11, 2000.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

My Am/Ex bill is due on the 25th of this month for $1200. I bought something on my card on the previous billing cycle that I need to return ($385). If I return this tomorrow, does this credit count towards paying my bill that is due on the 25th? Or do I still have to pay the full $1200 and then have a credit balance of $385? If I have a credit balance, I can either request a check for the amount or just apply it towards the following bill cycle balance, right?

2. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

RE: Am/Ex ? : Jason/Dogman??

Jason would know.
    I think you'd have to pay full amt, since bill is currently issued - then go back, next month you'll pay less when see you the $385 credit.

Jason can verify I'm sure..
    CYA
    Dogman

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NOT AMEX...but Discovercard told me my credits can be used against payment in full if the credit + my payment is payment in full of all billed charges on payment posting date.
    MEANING YOU ALSO HAVE TO ADD THE CHARGES POSTED AFTER THE CURRENT BILL WAS RUN.

4. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

You should concact AMEX. They like to be notified. I have in past occasions paid half of the bill without incurring interest or penalty. Give them a call.

http://www.creditsense.com

5. Terri

Terri Guest

This is what I've experienced w/AMEX re:returns credit. The $385.00 crdt will be posted against CURRENT amount due(though you have not been formally billed for this itme YET).But rest assured,be READY to pay for the $385.00 credit that will count against your current balance.Once I purchased a item,returned it,credit was issued against current due,online pymt/express phone pymnt reflected the same(actual minus credit...but called thru to accounts receivable to post FULL AMOUNT DUE).

Sincerely,
    Terri

P.S.--I use the standard AMEX card(balance on billing).