Am/Ex Sec. Optima - What's up?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Mar 16, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

O.k. I have been reading through posts on this and several other sites and I am totally confused about this card. Rumor has it that as of March 31, 2001 your card will not work and they will be issuing back deposits, etc. Some people have supposedly even received notice in the mail regarding this. I have not received anything in the mail from Am/Ex and I just called the number on the back of my card to inquire about what's going on. The rep checked and verified w/ a supervisor that yes they are NOT accepting any more new deposits, etc. but as far as they knew, accounts weren't being terminated. The rep also stated that I have had an excellent account history and suggested that I apply for a regualar card (yeah, right!). I know better than that!

So, what's really going on here? Anybody know?

2. river

river Well-Known Member

Re: Am/Ex Sec. Optima - What's

I was told the same you were from the secure card acc't manager last week.She said not to worry and said I could still add to acc't,which I do on a weekly basis.She said that there was a new card coming out in fall called Amex1 and still working on the program design.