Am I doing better?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Flagirl, Mar 5, 2001.

1. Flagirl

Flagirl Well-Known Member

Ok- I started cleaning up my credit in July '00. It was so bad that I wasn't even getting offers for secured cards. I used Lexington to begin the process, and they've successfully deleted many negative items. Now, I'm not getting prime offers, but when I apply for the sub-prime cards, now, I get approved. It's usually for about $200 but,hey it's something. Ya gotta start somewhere. So, I'm hoping that this means that something is getting better. Maybe one day, I'll make to the happy world of prime!

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Good for you....

Getting the subprimes means you are doing much better. Dont turn your nose up to them. They will get your credit score going again. Just remember to never be late or over the limit. I used to use a calendar to make sure I had everything in order.

I was in your situation. I was turned down by providian and Compaq. I saw their advertisements on tv and called. Boy did I get dissed. I think started thinking about cleaning my credit. I went from not knowing ANYTHING about credit to having some desent success stories.

I am glad lexington was good to you. It takes about a year for them to really clean it all up I heard, so you still have some successes left, I think.

After you have good credit for at least 1 year, I would apply for a citibank advantage credit card. How many negatives do you have now? I am just curious. I would say you are a success story already Flagirl.

roni

3. Flagirl

Flagirl Well-Known Member

Re: Good for you....

Thank you, Roni! I've been so scared to even TRY to do anything about me credit for so long, then I came across this board! I don't post often, but BELIEVE ME, I'm here lurking everyday!! Everyone here gave me the courage to do this!
    I still have 1 charge off (FNANB) on 2 credit reports, and a charge off of Dillards on one credit report. Some collections (2) from a hospital and 1 other collection. Hopefully, those will come off soon, also.