Am I missing something??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Mar 19, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

This score from equifax just doesn't add up. Both equifax and Trans Union list collection account yet Eq score 580 and TU scores it 660, I don't get it. Equifax list the LDA as 12/95 while TU has it appearing as being 3/98, so why would the earlier entry lose more points?? I am wondering if I am reading something wrong with Equifax? I understand collections do hurt, but by that much from 1995?? All the reasoning codes were geared at the collection no other reasons for the score.

Just curious if I may be missing something, it doesn't sound right. I know each agency scores differently but by 80 points with the exact same information?? I am puzzled.

2. Dallas

Dallas Guest

Mom your lowest score gets thrown out for a mortgage. Dont worry. Plus you already have AMEX in your household. Who needs anymore credit period.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Dallas:) By the way did you get access to your report yet?? I ordered this morning and am still in Equifax limbo:(

4. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Just a guess...

FICO has 10 different models they use to create the scores. Perhaps somehow you are being graded on different models by the different reports. I'm just speculating here, it doesn't really make sense to me either...

I don't really know anything about the models but I think they use a different scoring criteria for people with certain things on their reports Maybe one model is for people with a bankruptcy, maybe another is for people with a collection in the past 4 years or something like that.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: Just a guess...

Thanks Erik, that may be it and in that case I like TU LOL:) I guess we will never figure this out.

Mom

6. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Re: Mom, what about ...

MOM---

Look carefully and try to decipher what's counting as revolving vs. installment (i.e. do you have a home equity loan showing up on one as revolving?) ... also look closely at how they're categorized - once I had a Fleet Bank line of credit show up as finance company loan. Look at what limits/high balances each reports.

You need a magnifying glass - but I'm REALLY curious as to what the differences are. I've done it with a spreadsheet and there are subtle differences. That may help us all out with figuring out what the scoring system is looking for (well, at least in your case...).

Peace,
    mj

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

MJ

His reports contains:

Aria Indvidual account opened 7/99 balance 4700 limit 5000 paid as agreed revolving account

Citibank Ind. account opened 10/00 balance 500 limit 3000 paid as agreed revolving

Citcorp "AU" opened 11/00 balance 4000 limit 11000 paid as agreed revolving

Helig Meyers Joint account opened 3/98 high balance 2911 current balance 0.00 installment closed/paid never late

Sear "AU" opened 11/99 balance 0.00 limit 450.00 revolving paid as agreed

Lowes IND account opened 5/00 balance 800 limit 1000 paid as agreed revolving

Company Inovision Inc
    Account Number PECO ENER-XXXX
    Whose Account INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT
    Date Opened
    Last Activity 12/1995
    Type of Account Open
    Account Status 120+ DAYS PAST DUE
    Months Reviewed 26
    High Credit $246
    Terms
    Balance $246
    Past Due 246
    Date Reported 01/2001
    Times Past Due
    Previous High Status: 120+ days past due 10/2000;
    30 Days 00
    60 Days 00
    90 Days 01
    Description COLLECTION ACCOUNT

8. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Re: MJ

Mom-

Lowes + Aria are too close to their limits... that + collection are probably dragging the scores down.

What I was saying to do is put TU and EXP side-by-side, item by item and hunt down any differences (classification, limits, date open, date last reported, etc.)- maybe that way you could figure out what was dragging the score down at EXP.

Cheers-
    mj