AMALGAMATED BANK PAYS 5% Int

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Sep 22, 2001.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

CLICK on this one to check out information about getting 5% on your savings, with just a $2500 minimum, and check out their mastercard rates!

I just read this: www.Cardtrak.com
    AMALGAMATED BANK PAYS 5% on savings!

FYI the site is www.aboc.com

I carried their secured Mastercard and then secured Gold Mastercard about 1 yr after my 1996 Chap 13.

I first got the $500 secured mastercard, great service, fine looking card to present.
    Then, I upped my deposit to $5K, and they immediately sent a Gold Mastercard - the only secured product on the market then for Gold.

At the time I paid very reasonable rates, and got about 3% on my savings.

I closed out after 2 years - Amalgamated still
    shows R1 $5000 / Acct Closed by consumer request.
    They report unsecured but will not unsecure a Gold Card until there is NO BK on record.

Looking for a good, easy to get card? Read this one.
    c ya dogman

2. Jeff

Jeff Guest

That's good Info. Dogman. Thanks.

5% on savings is damn good.

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Thanks Jeff - I thought it was good - but it went over like a lead balloon LOL!

c ya dogman

4. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Dog-Great post. For me they are local just a train trip to the loop away. I was surfing the web when I was looking for banks that do savings secured loans and sort of remember glancing at their credit card products. I thought I remember their rates being good so when I saw your post I decided to surf over.

I have a credit union secured Visa that is at 15% right now, but will be unsecured after a year with good history and the rate will go down to 13%. All in all not bad 1 year post BK. Did Amalgamated give you a hard time getting the secured card with your BK or is it guaranteed as long as you secure it with a deposit? The reason I ask is that I have heard others on the board being denied for secured cards like Chase or Associates (can't remember which of those it was) because they had a BK.