Amazing >>secured optima

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by steve, Oct 24, 2000.

1. steve

steve Well-Known Member

SO i went to pay my online bill today saw option in a bottom of the screen "apply for increase" when i hit that button i got screen came back with 500 pre approved (I have a secured optima since 1yr) ??

any idea ?

2. Jason-AMEX

Jason-AMEX Guest

RE: Amazing >>secured op

Enjoy it! If you really have any questions, try asking AMEX CS

3. spice

spice Guest

same thing here...have a measly $200 did not want to waste anymore deposits, but it looks like keeping the account for a year paid off a bit....

4. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

This is Crazy ! I had the card for a long time 2 .. 3 years ! and when i went to day to do the same thing apply for an increase it said approved for 500 dollars instantly . but when i hit accept it said that they are sorry and that they are updating the site, so i called CS about that and she said that it is a secured account and that the only way it can be increased is by adding funds into the account ! that's really strange .. since the computer gave me it . just didn;t go through for some reason , i'll try it agian later . let me know what happenned with your increases did they actually go through and did it reflect on their automated system when you call and on your bill . ???

5. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

When I went to the pay my bill section of there site.. I did not see the apply for increase button.. Is it there for some people?

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

You have to search a little...

You have to search around for it. I found it under *current billed* at the bottom of the screen.

7. Debbie

Debbie Guest

I tried to sign up for online account access and was told, for some reason this account cannot be set up for online access.

I have had the Secured Optima for over a year now.

Any suggestions on how to sign up for online account access?

8. spice

spice Guest

Call 1-800-AXP-1234. They will give you a temporary password and then try to log on.

9. Debbie

Debbie Guest

Thanks Spice :)

10. Spice

Spice Guest

Were you able to log on?

11. Debbie

Debbie Guest

<Were you able to log on?>

Yes I sure was :) I called AMEX and they gave me a temp password, so everything worked fine.

I also applied for the increase in my credit limit and was also told I was preapproved to 500 increase. Then was told they were upgrading the site. So waiting to see if it actually went through.

Thanks for your help :)

Deb

12. Spice

Spice Guest

I had to fight for my increase. I called the 800# I gave you and was told that the offer was a standard offer but did not apply to secured cards (that is why you got the message). I faxed a letter of complaint along with the copy of the page giving me the offer. I was told that my account would reflect the increase in the next billing cycle and was told "American Express does not normally give increases on secured accounts."

I think it helps that I work in the industry and know consumer rights. If you need help securing your increase let me know.

13. Debbie

Debbie Guest

Yes Spice any suggestions would be great. I think it was good that I printed out the credit limit approval so I have for my records. If you could explain what you said to them and give a fax number, I will go that route if I do not see the credit increase show up.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Deb

14. Spice

Spice Guest

I faxed a letter of complaint that I was pre-approved for a line of credit increase of $500 and was now being told that the increase would not be offered because of the type of account that I have. I also advised that I work for a large bank and am aware of consumer rights and that I consulted with one of the attorney's at my institution and that if the offer was not honored I would consult with private counsel and file a complaint against them with the BBB. I also advised them that they were going to bombarded with all sorts of request due to their negligence in allowing this to happen. I included the copy of the screen print and the names of the representatives that I spoke with and what I was advised.

I sent this letter to:

Carlos Minetti
    Care of : Consumer Relations
    777 American Express Way
    Ft Lauderdale, Fl 33337-0001

and I faxed it to:

1-954-503-6671

Hope this helps.

15. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

Good work .. ! Cus it also says sorry we are upgrading our site when i send it through I think I might do the same thing . thankx for the info ! .