Amazon.com credit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jonesing, Nov 7, 2001.

1. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

What's next? eBay Visa?

According to cardweb.com, this is supposed to help the 20 million households without credit cards go shopping online. Credit is issued by Citibank / Associates Capital Bank:

www.amazon.com/credit

No payments, no interest for 90 days

Introducing the Amazon Credit Account! Created exclusively for Amazon.com customers, this special line of credit is designed to make it even simpler to get everything you want at Amazon.com.

To celebrate this new service, we have a special introductory offer for you. Open an Amazon Credit Account today and you'll enjoy no payments and no interest for 90 days on orders of $200 or more*. This offer is good for all orders placed through January 31, 2002.

It's like getting a three-month, no interest loan to do all your holiday shopping!

With your Amazon Credit Account, you'll also enjoy:
    • Expanded buying power with a dedicated line of credit for all your Amazon.com purchases
    • Valuable offers available only to Amazon Credit Account customers
    • Flexible credit terms
    • Direct monthly billing of Amazon.com purchases
    • No annual fee
    So why wait? Qualify online today and enjoy "buy now, pay later" holiday shopping with your Amazon Credit Account.

---------------------------------------------------
    *With credit approval for purchases made on the Amazon Credit Account. As of 11/01/01, APR: Purchase Rate 22.90%; Default Rate 26.90% (rates may vary). Minimum Finance Charge $.50. See cardholder agreement for details. Offer is for individuals, not businesses. Offer expires 01/31/02.

FINANCE CHARGES accrue from the date of purchase and all accrued FINANCE CHARGES will be added to your account for the entire promotional period if qualifying purchases are not paid in full before the end of the deferred payment period or if you fail to make any required payment on your account when due.

Finance offer does not apply to (1) purchases made from Amazon Marketplace, Auctions, or zShops (including purchases made from Circuit City), (2) purchases of gift certificates, or (3) deposits made for cell phone service in our Cell Phones & Service store. Finance offer applies only to U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older.

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Looks like a pretty good deal to me and it looks like it might be an easy back door into a citibank card too.

3. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

I got the 7 to 10 days notice.

Guess I'm still on Associates' blacklist. :'(

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

me too. i know im on their blacklist, but i have an HSB/Associates commerce account. oh well screw em

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I got the same. Let's see now then. That makes me #3 in line so 7 x 3 = 21. What's that mean, it's gonna be 21 days for me? LOL

6. beary

beary Well-Known Member

HOLY BOOK BINDINGS BATMAN!!! 22.9% APR?!?!?!?!

How soon do they want your first born? And if you change your mind later, can you exchange your own soul for said First Born??!?

No thanks! I'll continue to go to Borders, buy a Latte, choose a book, read as much as I can, note my leave off page, then continue where left off with same book a few days later. All for the price of a Coffee. :)

7. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

Can you have more than one Associates card?

I already have an Associates Visa.