AmerExp Expert

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by OTrask, Jun 23, 2001.

1. OTrask

OTrask New Member

To Anyoe With Experience with American Express:

Got their secured Optima last year. Pulled my credit report because I want to buy a house. There was a monthly account review inquiry for each month - since I've had the card. Why would they pull a report each month? Doesn't this lower my FICO?

Relative with bad credit wants their CobaltBlue. Does anyone know the credit or previous experience requirements?

2. Surphie

Surphie Well-Known Member

The monthly account reviews are soft inquiries. It won't lower your FICO score.

About Cobalt card is not a credit card, it does not report to any credit bureau and they won't pull your reports. It's like a debit card but not linked to any particular checking account and they call it a buying card. It's cool, free and can be used anywhere the AmEx cards are accepted. But remember, you do no establish credit history with it.

Hope this info helps.

Good luck!

3. river

river Well-Known Member

I also have the secure Optima card and have monthly reviews also. As CCgirl stated above,these are soft inquiries.This gives me even more incentive to keep current cards up-to-date for simple reason not to give them reason to up interest rate or cancel and reason to to see fit for a unsecure card in the future.I have really enjoyed the benefits of Amex and have a personal amex financial advisor,who has really educated me on finances and investment stradegies and I have taken advantage of every service that is available to me.I have good vibes of recieving a unsecure card in the future.