American Express Gold (Please Read)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JustMe, Jun 19, 2001.

1. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone !

I was just approved for a Amex Gold Charge. I have a few questions if you don't mind.

1. Will this improve my fico score.
    2. How is this card reported. High balance etc?
    3. With the no-preset limit thing. Should I charge alot the first couple of months to establish a pattern?
    4. How long until I can apply for another card Blue etc??

BTW I have a 627 fico score now. I do have the secured Amex Optima. Had it for 13 months. That's what got me approved for the gold. They denied me at first. I called and new accounts looked over my secured account and overided the denial for gold and approved me.!!!!

Thnaks for all your help. I read here all the time it's great advice. Wish I had more to give.......

2. river

river Well-Known Member

........................................................................................................................................ First off,Gradualations on your "big" success.This adds hope to my future plans of doing exactly what you have done.I also have the secure Optima,now for 8 months and can't ask for better CS and benefits. Sorry I can't really answer your ?'s,but I would think that now with the Gold Charge,since it will be reporting ,whereas,the OPtima didn't,that your FICO score should rise,with no doubt.Best wishes with new card. t

3. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I have a few questions...

1. What was the reason they gave you for the denial?

2. What number did you call?

5. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

GREAT news! And you are certainly a success story and a strong reason why those who have the secured Card can greatly benefit.

They report high balance to date, and report monthly expenditures.

Enjoy them and talk with them and understand all the benefits they offer - AMEX is a premium card company with lots of options!

hearty congratulations - dogman

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Hey River - you on now?

7. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Just Me -

Amex doesn't report the "level" of card - an Amex account is an Amex account.

mj

8. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Congratulations, it's an good card! I was approved for it last year, within the first few months of having the card I purchased a computer, then a few days later I tried to use it to purchase some cd's and the charge was declined, the reason they gave me was that the account was still too new to be charging that much and according to my credit history, they could not approve any further charges until they receive a payment. THat's about the only problem I've had with it, so don't go crazy with it. Having Amex listed in good standing on your record is definitely a plus. :)

Alex.

------------------

Free Credit Repair Help!
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

9. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

Isn't life unfair? My FICO score is in the 690s and I can't even get someone at AMEX to give me a chance. GRRRRR!!!! Or Citibank or MBNA or anyone...

10. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

The only reason I was approved because I had the secured Amex Optima for 13months with a perfect history. I did put 5k as a security. I charged about 2-4k a month on it to develope a pattern. I paid it off each month in full. Having the secured Amex first was the key to getting approved.