American Express Vs Citibank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ALAN, Jul 10, 2001.

1. ALAN

ALAN Well-Known Member

I have an Amex Blue and a Citibank Platinum Dividend. Is it just me or does it seem like Citibank takes longer to post charges to your account. I can pay off my statement one day for Citibank and the payment shows up 4-5 days later, the same thing goes for individual purchases on the card. With Amex, I can pay off my statement one day, and the payment shows up the very next day and the same thing goes for purchases as well. It seems like Amex moves faster than Citibank for some reason. Has anyone else besides myself ever noticed this? It's not that its a big deal, but sometimes when you make purchases on the card toward the end of the billing cycle, you want that last purchase or purchases to show up so you can start out fresh for the next billing cycle. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

cap 1 and aria are next day as well.

I too, like you, HATE having floating charges/billpays. Probably why i pay off my cap 1 and other card before i pay the citi...

I can't stand having an extra $500 floating for a week in transit. Kinda like writing checks..