American Express

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sandra, Dec 30, 2000.

1. sandra

sandra Guest

Which amex credit card is the "easiest" to get?

2. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I would say the regular green Amex card is the easiest.

http://www.creditsense.com

3. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Has any applied who live in Ca and if so who did they pull for you. And do they take you if you have negative items on your reports?

4. Dario

Dario Guest

I apllied and I live in Southern California, they pulled Equifax for me. And from what I understand if you have any bad you dont get a card. I may be wrong, but i think i am right.

5. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

I live in Southern Califonia and they pulled experian on me..

6. Saar

Saar Banned

While the Optima Platinum 17.5% APR is not the easiest to get when the computer decides whether or not to approve your application, you're better off applying for it.

The reason is Amex New Accounts Dept reps are authorized to reverse computer-generated denials for this card. They are not authorized to reverse denials for other Amex cards. The latter is within the discretion of Amex Centurion Bank.

In short, go for the Optima Platinum

Saar

7. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Saar- I disagree with that. My Amex Gold application was declined last year and a supervisor overrode it. I think it may depend on the situation.

8. Saar

Saar Banned

Thanks for the info.

Are you positive that when you asked for a supervisor, they didn't actually transfer you to an account manager at the Bank?

Also, could you be more specific on how your talk went?

Thanks,
    Saar