AmericanExpress!! Do You Want One h

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by annie, Jul 20, 2001.

1. annie

annie Well-Known Member

Do You want an AM Ex? I just talked to rep, he told me for every negative entry, they like to see a positive one. I have 14 positive ones and 19 negative, So I am going to dispute 8 negatives and hopefully get rid of 6 of those and re-apply. In the mean time I have two more poisitves going on, so hopefully I will get apporved!

2. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Whoa... Any bk leads to a instant denial.

Best regards,
    Sam

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Hold on! Might want to call and check with a different rep. I have far more positives then negatives and I was still denied. I know that they especially don't want to see ANY negatives in the past 2 years.

4. annie

annie Well-Known Member

MP$,

Again, I am going by what Paul told me and I told him I plan to hold them to that, I plan to pester Am Ex till they give it up! Like a virgin in the backseat of a Chevy, LOL! I had a bad year last year and I am trying to make it right, I told him this, he seemed willing to work me. I have never had an Am Ex.

5. molly

molly Well-Known Member

MP$40,
    They denied you?? Are you talking about within the last week? If so, how many negatives do you have on Experian and positives? Thanks MP

6. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Annie,

I know you're trying to correct your mistakes, but Amex has one of the strictiest application procedures out there. Unfortunately, Amex (like any other potential vendor) wants to sell their product and make money off of it. They will tell you almost anything to get you to apply and waste an inquiry. You're moving in the right direction in getting some of the negatives deleted, but it does take time. Work on rebuilding your credit and use the positive accounts you have to re-establish that. I hope everything works out and keep us posted on your success.

Dani

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I HAVE ZERO NEGATIVES...DENIED SECOND CARD...
    WIFE ZERO NEGATIVES...DENIED ONE CARD...

8. Cadillac408

Funny comment! At any rate, just be careful...Am/Ex has been making strange decisions not to mention false promises. Read some of the previous posts here on Am/Ex.

9. Cadillac408

See what I mean?

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Amex has denied me repeatedly. I had 2 negatives and 40+ positives and a beacon of 702 when i applied for the green.

11. annie

annie Well-Known Member

MP$40,

One thing I have learned from this board, is to call and challenge these people. I am surprised you have not challenged them. I plan to challenge everything, I feel empowereed by this board.

12. Cadillac408

I'm not sure of the exact total. They checked Equifax. I had 2 collection accounts in dispute (being deleted though per the collection agencies) and a paid Ford Credit auto chargeoff with lates (another post, another story...let's not go there for the sake of ruining my Friday). My Equifax report is 1 page front and back with all positive acconts - Target, Macy's, Bloomingdales, Cap1, 2 Providian, Chevron, Citibank, FUSA [closed R1], Ultramar gas [closed], 2 jewelry store [paid zero], 1 finance co [paid zero], auto loan, student loan, and so on. I was denied the other day. Read this post:
    http://consumers.creditnet.com/stra...ad.php?s=&goto=newpost&threadid=11413&pgnum=3

13. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I had 12 positives and 3 negatives, no bks, and 621 score and was denied....hmmm. The Rep must have been smoking some crack to say that.....

14. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Sam you are correct BUT....

the system will automatically bounce someone with a BK in the last few years - but like in my case, an Acct Manager at Centurion Bank overrode the decision - due to my Chap 13 being health related.

I can now do $20K per charge if I activate future spending. Of course that is the Green Card - and I make a reasonable income.

AS WE ALL KNOW - no unpaid balances ever with AMEX.

c ya dogman