AMEX 1 month - Chase 2.99% Off

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Sep 14, 2000.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Hey all:
    You've been following my saga since getting the Card.

Amex has already reported paid R1 for the first month on all reports. Interesing that on Experian, it shows revolving - the others charge card.

Tonight I opened the mail and here is the offer:
    Chase Manhattan
    Platinum Mastercard
    2.99% intro rate/then 14.99 after 6 months.
    Must respond by Oct 17. :)

This is NOT PRE APPROVED. I am only invited to apply. BUT, I won't yet.
    I think if I wait long enough, someone pretigious will screw up and preapprove me for a high limit card.

Nobody has sent me anything in yrs. Amex on TRWs, Chase sends out a "fishing" 2.99%
    31 days later.

Dogman

2. Jo

Jo Guest

RE: AMEX 1 month - Chase 2.99%

Holy crap, Dog! I JUST got the same offer!!! We both just got AmEx, live in the *kinda* same general area....hm....Like yours, not PRE APPROVED (so into the shredder I bought with AmEx it went), but I think you're right about waiting...
    My question is: After AmEx, what's left to aspire to? AmEx Platinum?
    @!#$ that MBNA Quantum card-- piece o'@!#$....

PS- got a letter from MBNA offerning me a $1,000 credit line on the Americas Card...called them and told them to bite my ass.
    (That's really what I said....it's amazing what Amex, arrogance {the 2 often go together, methinks}, and confidence can make ya' say!)

3. me

me Well-Known Member

Chase Platinum mastercard is a great card. They sent me an invitation to apply back in Feb. I did and was approved. Prime +1.4%

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Hi Jo - how R ya?

Update: AMEX was very very nice, but because of the past Chap 13, I would need to apply for the Gold AMEX. They couldn't just upgrade me. BUT talk about nice and polite,
    they told me that I would be solicited automatically after a few payments for the upgrade, and they really appreciated my business!

I understand - hey - I went from Chap 13
    to AMEX Green Card in 3 1/2 yrs. AND,
    I AM THRILLED with the Card! So that's that story. AND, let's face it - that NEW AMEX inquiry and subsequent CARD opening and 1 month payment already reported to all agencies - as R1 - that has got the attention of all other PRIME PRIME providers.

Jo, let's face it - if the world's most particular credit company just approved a member, everybody else in the business wants that high income affluent customer - that member that has already satisfied the hardest credit card company criteria - AMEX.

AMEX, has and is a wonderful experience.
    Also, you are right! Once you're in you're in!
    Also, I will now sign up for their new Privacy Feature for Internet purchases.

FASCINATING that via internet, millions of people could now immediately find out chase market plans and areas. We can also assume Chase offers their very best rate to a new AMEX cardholder - 2.99% intro PLAT.

I still think, especially based on your message of receiving the EXACT same offer, that there is a company out there that will send out or preapprove a PLAT Card!

They will use data off of reports that show AMEX and just pre-qualify - that bank may need market share and will just issue a quantity of cards for a short period - even to boost their stock prices.

Either way, overnight, we proved that the A list starts with AMEX.

ALSO - I love that GREAT $1000 MBNA offer.
    Ain't it a really great position to be in calling the shots a customer with preferred options and requirements?

C YA on the next one. Dogman

VERY VERY interesting about you getting the CHASE 2.99%. That's no coincidence.

5. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

AGAIN - what an amazing piece of information to know! By the way - I didn't find the envelope impressive particularly either.

This could be an entirely new internet market base into itself.

Geez- amazing Jo! Dogman

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I wonder if amex would do the same with someome who filled chapter 7 BK......

7. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Ron, did you fike the AMEX in the Chap 13?
    I have heard that if that is the case, they
    do not reaffirm cards.

However, if you did not file AMEX, call them and tell the reason for the BK.
    That's how they helped me.

Good luck! Dogman

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I have never had a amex card so no I did not put them in my chapter 7 BK... I want to apply for one.....

Thanks

9. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

call 1800thecard, transfer to a centuarion bank acct mgr and talk thru the situation- B$ applying.
    They will help you get a Green Card.