Amex 1000 rewards points free

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Just received a mailer. If you sign up for online only statements you get 1000 membership rewards.

www.americanexpress.com/paperless

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Well, I would, but a few months back, I signed up for email notification that my online statement was ready. So, every month, they are supposed to email me, and tell me it's ready.

I figured if that went okay, I would switch to online statememts only. I have never received any email notification.

3. Zaphod

Zaphod Well-Known Member

WOW Breeze, I thought is was just me. I too have had the same problems with their email confirmations for statements not getting to me in a timely matter (more often not). One company that has great timely emails for statements is cap1! Go figure! No PF for Mr. Miller on this aspect of cap1!

---> Zaphod ;')

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I saw that Mom - I might do it - but haven't yet.
    FYI - I got the new Samsonite luggage travel bags - the ones 19" on wheels - that will fit thru all
    international airports.

Even Membership Rewards delivered my "reward"
    within a week of my calling them.

c ya dogman

5. river

river Well-Known Member

The "membership reward points" Progam is the only program that Amex has that"doesn't apply"to the OPTIMA cardmembers, but then again the program is really geared toward those that "travel" for a living or retired. I wouldn't feel secure with just online statements only ,anyway, I enjoy recieving my statements in the mail as well on e-mail also. Getting that statement every month with the Amex logo gives me the strength to continue with this "credit re-establishing" mission.I feel like i am hot shit one day out of the month.Heehee!!!! And i like Some of the comments from "clerks" and nosey lookin customers in line,breakin their necks to just get a "peep" at it.Even friends/lovers that come over and "should" see the statement sitting on table or whereever comment. It's the only thing that can give me a "natural" high" besides the "other". LOL,but partly true.