Amex 2nd LOC Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by parasky, Sep 21, 2001.

1. parasky

parasky Member

I applied for an Amex loc yesterday and was approved. After reading the other posts about people getting a 2nd loc, I reapplied again today just to see what would happen. However, after I started filling out the app online it required me to log on and register my existing loc. It then let me finish the app. The response I got said that it was working on my app and would let me know. Is this what happened to everybody else?

2. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

You need to call their 888 number and put your SS# and pin (Last 4 digits of SS#) to know
    your account number then you have to register on www.americanexpress.com/banking
    to get a login and password. Then after you log in can reapply for the second LOC for
    instant approval.

3. jen

jen Well-Known Member

When I applied for the 1st line of credit, I was not instantly approved but found out through the 800 number the same evening that I did get it. Upon pplying for the 2nd LOC, again, I did not get instant approval. The 800 # did not recognize a 2nd acct for me, so I figured I was declined after a few days of checking. However, when I logged into my membership banking acct today it showed a 2nd LOC. It was a pleasant surprise. Has anyone even been declined for the second one yet?

4. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Has anybody been declined for the 1st application?

5. jen

jen Well-Known Member

Yes, someone posted in the "Amex LOC Pending" thread that they were declined. Not sure the reasons why though.

6. the other

the other Well-Known Member

oops, I missed that.

I applied for my fiance. He got the pending message. In his "pending" e-mail, it said prime +5.99.

I keep checking the number, but no luck.

Although at prime +5.99, he probably has no use for the LOC anyways. The highest apr on his accounts right now is 10.9 on his Blue and 10.9 on Umbrella.
    His CreditExpert score is 745. Mine was 760 and they gave me prime +3.99. Very odd.

7. jen

jen Well-Known Member

Hmm, that is wierd. I got the prime + 5.99 too but my score was only 654 so I rather expected the high rate if I got approved at all. It could still be helpful if he needed a place to temporarily move debt around. It seems that maybe the LOC does not report. Still waiting to hear for sure.

8. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

I was approved for prime+3.99 on the 1st Loc and prime+2.99 for the 2nd loc same limit 8,500.
    The 1st was not instant approval (1 day response) the 2nd one was instant.

9. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I personally don't think that prime plus 5.99 is all that bad. It is currently 11.99apr% and will go down even more if interest rates get cut.

of course prime +2.99 ( 8.99 ) is better. But I can't complain. Most of my cards have 23+ apr. So I will be saving a substancial amount in interest.