AmEx 30+ yrs customer...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PawMix, Aug 26, 2003.

1. PawMix

PawMix Well-Known Member

Tell me if this looks like a risky customer to you:

- carrying large balances for no more than 2 months at a time

- always paying lots more than the minimum payment required

- most of the time paying the balance in full

AmEx decided that after 30+ years of impeccable payment history with them we are risky customers, and shut down our revolving option on AmEx Platinum (Sign & Travel).

PlanetFeedback? Write the corporate directly? Sockdrawer it?

PawMix

2. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

Your scores look very LOW from what you say here...do you have any derog? That's probubly why or high balances.

3. LisaMc

LisaMc Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me after 16 years with AMEX. There wasn't much that I could say. I had perfect credit with them the entire time, but we filed a CH 13 (not on AMEX account). About a year after we filed, AMEX shut down the Sign & Travel. They sent a letter that said they would reinstate if they were satisfied with their next review. Within about 8 months they reinstated the whole thing. Sent a letter that said S & T was open again. Just be patient. I was upset too, but I really didn't have a leg to stand on. It came back around.

4. PawMix

PawMix Well-Known Member

My bad, didn't update DH's scores. Will take care of that later. All are 700+ now. Been busy =)

Called AmEx today. Got to the Sign & Travel department. The CSR was actually nice and helpful, and after a short conversation we got our S&T back. The CSR was actually puzzled why in the world did someone close it, as there was no activity that would ring the alarm bell. Oh well, she at least apologized for the whole mess.

So, phew.

PawMix