Amex AAdvantage??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by RichGuy, Jan 27, 2001.

1. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

From the Jan. 22 issue of Fortune magazine:

"When American Airlines approached American Express in the mid-1980's about launching a co-branded card that would feature frequent-flier miles as a reward for spending, Amex turned the airline down cold. American immediately went to Citibank, and the new offering soon became one of the bestselling cards in industry history."

Maybe it's better that Amex did turn down the deal. Otherwise, the card would be almost impossible for most of us to get. :)

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Yes, that is probably true. Luckily the credit card companies realize that many of us with credit problems are not deadbeat and that if given another chance at with credit, we will guard it carefully. Maybe they read sites like this one. They make money, we regain creditworthiness. It is a win-win situation.

roni

RichGuy wrote:
    -------------------------------
    From the Jan. 22 issue of Fortune magazine:

"When American Airlines approached American Express in the mid-1980's about launching a co-branded card that would feature frequent-flier miles as a reward for spending, Amex turned the airline down cold. American immediately went to Citibank, and the new offering soon became one of the bestselling cards in industry history."

Maybe it's better that Amex did turn down the deal. Otherwise, the card would be almost impossible for most of us to get. :)

3. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Could you please tell me which one is the number to call for the upgrade to my AAdvantage card to platinum select:

(301)7335501 (status),
    (800) 9505114 Regular cust serv
    or (888) 7662484 (AAdvantage Cust Serv)??

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

i called the # on the back of my card. which is the last #.

tell them you want to product change, make sure they refund the $50 fee and give you at least 17.4% apr.

5. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Thanks Sam!

Thanks Sam! I will advise you when done!

6. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

i GOT 16.4 TODAY ON THE PRODUCT TRANSFER.. DON'T ACCEPT ANY LESS .