amex and chap 7

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by BANKRUPT, Apr 6, 2001.

1. BANKRUPT

BANKRUPT Guest

Hello, I am currently in a chapter 7 bk. My fiancee just got me a gold american express card. She added me to her account as an AU, I got my own card, and own account #, amex has my SSN, and they told me they will report au's to all 3 credit bureaus.

How much better will this make my score once the chap 7 is discharged, or will it make no difference?

All opinions welcomed.

Thanks

2. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Hi there,

The bk showing as discharged will have no "better" affect on your fico. The bk is a huge drag on your fico score, and the only thing that will change that is the passage of time.

As time goes by, the bk will be less of an impact on your fico.

BTW, was Amex aware of your BK when you got the AU on your fiancee's account? Did it show on your credit reports when you applied as an AU?

Also, did you include any American Express products in your Chapter 7?

Chet

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Chet when I called to add my husband as an "AU" to my green account, I was told he would receive the card as long as he didn't have any prior delinquencies with them, which he didn't and he was added without any problems.

mom

4. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Re: Mom

"Any prior delinquencies" - meaning any prior delinquencies period, or is one eligible whom had a prior delinquencies, but has since paid that off to a $0 balance.

I just recently paid Amex the balance from my 92 BK, I now have a $0 balance with Amex. Will they deny me as an AU because I "had" a prior delinquency?

Mom,

Do you know the specifics on that?

Thanks,

Chet

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Sorry Chet, I believe they meant prior outstanding debts. The rep asked me if he ever had an account with Amex and if he had any UNPAID balances, my answer was no to both. Didn't mean to scare you, I believe you just can't have any outstanding debts with them. Sorry I should have worded it better

6. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Thanks Mom :)

It's perfectly clear now!

Chet

7. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Dogman Philosophy

Chet - call them - 1800THECARD- ask to be transferred to Centurion Bank Accr Mgr. Discuss the entire situation with him/her.

I bet there is no problem since you paid it to $0.
    Mom, I can give out an AU on mine, and they told me I could
    do it for whomever I wished - as long as they had no prior BAD history w/ Amex.

Chet - I bet you're fine to get it.

c ya dogman

8. Bankrupt

Bankrupt Guest

what I meant was

I am the one who is in ch7, amex is aware but does not care b/c I don't have a debt with them, my fiancee's credit is spotless, and what I was asking, was how good will the AMEX tradeline look on my fico, just coming out of a ch7?

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: what I meant was

A tradeline in good standing will look good on your report. If you are asking since it is "AMEX" will it help more, I don't think FICO cares who the bank issuer is, a tradeline is a tradeline .

mom