AMEX Approval?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rick, Apr 16, 2001.

1. rick

rick Well-Known Member

I applied online for a Green Amex Card (thanks to Dogman!) on 4/3/01 and have been calling the automated system daily. I didn't get an automatic approval...I got the we need to process further statement. The automated system said it will take 10 days. I called each day, and each day it was counting down to 1 day. Then I called today and the counter went back up to 10 days! Any ideas out there?
    I filed BK7 on AMEX over 10yrs ago, but paid them off like Dogman last September.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WHO KNOWS...
    FRIDAY THE AUTOMATED LINE WAS UPDATING ALL DAY...
    Today my (SUPPOSEDLY PRE-APPROVED) AMEX CASH BACK PLATINUM CARD IS DOWN TO THREE DAYS...

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

GEORGE

Did you try calling the automated number and speaking to a live rep? I think you have to select the option that says you are responding to a letter in the mail, etc.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: GEORGE

Are you people afraid to talk to humans? They have all the answers for you at Amex.

Saar

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

In the past I have called and asked the same question in regards to extending my 0% interest rate and got a different answer every time I called (SOUNDS LIKE THE I.R.S.)...

I couldn't use my card for more than a month (LONG STORY,THEIR FAULT), so a rep said they would extend my 0% for three months...(interest would be charged but all I had to do was call and it would be credited)...no problem first month...second month they said I don't see that note on the computer, so I can't give you credit. SO I PAID IT IN FULL AND DIDN'T EVER USE IT AGAIN UNTIL I GOT THE OFFER FOR 7.90% FOR A BALANCE TRANSFER.

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Saar,
    I am not afraid to talk with thme and they are rude.

Ron.

7. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

To Rick:

The same thing happened to me when I applied for Blue back at the end of December. Waited the countdown to 0, then it went back to 10 days. At that point, I transferred to a rep, who said it was still processing. I asked her if there was anything I could do to help move the application along, like answer some questions or provide some documentation. She verified my work number and spelling of my name, then said I should receive my card in 7-10 days. I wasn't even sure if I had been approved or not! She never did say what they were waiting on...Called the next day and got the 'congratulations' message. Try calling and asking what the holdup is.