Amex auto

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by miles, Jul 21, 2001.

1. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I just called AmEx auto insurance division. They are awesome. Very friendly and thorough. I saved over $400 per year and with better coverage. Even though I paid my policy in full, they offered a monthly payment plan at no charge. Maybe it's time to compare rates?? :)

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Did they pull credit? I've never been turned down for auto insurance based on my credit, but I've just managed to get my Experian report down to five in the last two years, and my Equifax report only has two. I wouldn't mind shopping around for insurance as mine is up this August, but I don't want to generate any more hard inquiries.

3. FooBar

FooBar Member

Alas, they (like Progressive, and Geico, and basically all insurance companies with good rates) simply don't sell insurance in New Jersey. :(

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Hello Miles ?/!!!! :)

I compared AMEX auto and my GEICO policy - great for seven years - highest coverages.

I read my Geico line by line to AMEX auto - and they were- SERIOUSLY - $4.00 more. I decided not to switch but I have NO DOUBT that if one had a wreck, AMEX Auto would be wonderful to deal with. No question and she told me I could charge monthly to AMEX Green and get the MR points.

Mine is up in August - but Geico has been great.
    I never really APPLIED for the quoye - I do not know
    if they pull credit or not - but I bet they check out the people that they are going to insure - just like their credit cardholders.

Now going to snap over to japanese hot tubs :)
    c ya buddy - dogman

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Hello Miles ?/!!!! :)

Although they really don't need it to pull...DON'T GIVE SS# FOR INSURANCE...THEY CAN'T SEE HOW YOU DRIVE BY YOUR CREDIT REPORT...
    Also, I pay in full BEFORE THE COVERAGE STARTS, so they are NOT a creditor!!!

THAT IS WHAT THE DRIVER'S LICENSE REPORT IS FOR!!!!

6. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Re: Hello Miles ?/!!!! :)

I am not sure if they pull a credit report or not. I thought they would. She asked me how I found out about them and I told her I was a current cardholder and I saw their advertisement on the AmEx website. She asked me which card I had and I told her. I gave her all my information EXCEPT my SSN. She never asked for it. I have not received an e-mail from the monitoring services of Experian or Equifax yet. I will let you know if they pull a report.

Hey Dogman!! Hope you're doing well. I agree with you about the accident thing. I bet they would be great to work with. Hope I don't have to find out!!

:-D