Amex Blue Approved!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by My2kGT, Jul 19, 2001.

1. My2kGT

My2kGT Well-Known Member

Last time I applied they checked EXP so I figured they would check it again I have a 656 with 2 new cards in the past 60 days. Very suprised I got approved based on that. Limit is only 2k but it's a start with AMEX. I officially have ended my credit pursuits for the next 2 years. I will concentrate on increasing limit's and lowering apr %.

Here is a complete recap.

Started with multiple late pays 30s and a couple 60s. A collection $50.00 paid. And lot's of subprime cards.

Aria 2200
    Cap 1 300
    With prior acct's w/First Premier, Orchard, Associates,etc...

Hired Junum. 11+ neg's deleted. Every report clean execpt EXP with 2 30's still remaning.

Started applying in the past 120 days

Citi AAdvantage World (gold) 3000 revol+unlimited charge

Juniper Platnium 6000
    B of A Gold 4000
    Bon Marche (store card) 400 Got before neg's all gone
    Amex Blue 2000

Recently Closed Aria and Cap 1

Will wait for inquires to go away now.

Thanks for all the great info from the board!! I love creditnet and Junum!

My2kgt

2. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Great job!

Best regards,
    Sam

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Congrats!!

breeze

4. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Do you already know that you should not close the oldest trade line or credit card ?

5. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Wonderful news! Congrats! Amex is the best, at least in my opinion. After six months ask for an increase and you should have no problem.

Dani

6. My2kGT

My2kGT Well-Known Member

650'ish with EXP my Privista score w/equifax was 91 when bofa and juniper were awarded. They both checked equifax.

I have never done score power for equifax yet.

Thanks

My2kgt

7. My2kGT

My2kGT Well-Known Member

The reason I closed my old tradelines, is because retention would not budge on my Annual fee.. Plus my # 1 reason code is tradelines not old enough..I am planning on keeping these a long time. I would have kept them (cut up of course) if no annual fee..

My2kgt