AMEX Blue APR

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by desrman, Dec 14, 2002.

1. desrman

desrman Banned

Finally called MBNA and AMEX to catch up with current APRs. MBNA reduced the APR from 10.6 to 9.9(was asking for 8.9 rate George has but guess GF doesnâ??t apply to everyone).

AMEX down right refused to accept there was any rate lower than 9.9 on AMEX Blue. I told CR that I know people who have that rate and she got offended and went nuts

Me- Hi.. I am calling to see if you can reduce my APR
    CS- Sir, 9.9 is the lowest on the card
    Me- Hmm, I know a few others who have 8.5
    CS- No we donâ??t offer that rate it should be a mistake
    Me- I am sure there is no mistake on my part â?¦
    CS- YOU CALLING ME A LIAR, I HAVE BEEN WORKING HERE SINCE LAST 10 YEARS YOU THINK YOU KNOW MORE THAN I DO?
    Me- Take it easy mom, I am just asking you for a lower rate and am pretty sure 9.9 is not the lowest you guys offer.
    CS- I WILL HAVE TO DROP THE LINE IF YOU KEEP CALLING ME A LIAR â?¦.

Stay away from the lunatics at South Carolina branch, donâ??t know where they hire these retards from. Had similar experience getting APR reduced from 14.9 to 9.9 for some reason I always keep getting these idiots from SC.

By the way the drama queens name is Lois Lyon, if you happen to speak with her say hi for me. ;)

Saar/George, how did you get 8.5 dude?

2. Saar

Saar Banned

For Amex, call Account Services 1800-678-0738 and don't press A THING. Just wait for a AS rep to take your call.

For MBNA (to lower your rate further), call 1-800-336-2974

Good luck!!!

Saar

3. Saar

Saar Banned

[Edit]

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Nope, I'd just call her ignorant.

Saar

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I got the letter the other day confirming my 8.99%...BUT Saar has 8.49%

HE WAS A 1/2 DORK...HOW DARE I SAY THERE IS A 8.49%...YOUR BUDDY HASTA' BE TELLING YOU A STORY!!!

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I am beginning to think that they have a "POOL" like the football game...BUT this is how much you DON'T LOWER THE INTEREST RATE, not who wins the football game!!!

Everybody puts $50.00 in and at the end of the month...the one who WINS is the one who kept the most rates higher than the customer wanted...

:)

7. Saar

Saar Banned

8. desrman

desrman Banned

Thanks both.. had my quota for abuse today, I will call AMEX again tomorrow and MBNA next month:)

I really dont understand the logic behind the CS at AMEX. The same thing happened when i tried to reduce my APR from 14.9 to 9.9.. There is no way we can do that without reapplying, 14.9 is the lowest we can offer on this card etc. They must be thinking all the customers calling them are idiots.

And i dont know why i keep getting these lunatics from North Carolina ( sry not south). Speak of luck, there are 4 call centers in US and i always get the worst group out there whenever i call them for something other than usual account inquiry.

9. marci

marci Well-Known Member

AmEx just sent me a "reminder" second letter confirming the repricing to 8.49%.

It's not a lie.

10. desrman

desrman Banned

I think George was just quoting what the CR said.

I know its me; AMEX and I go a long way, an "Italian love story"

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CSR SAID~~YOUR BUDDY HASTA' BE TELLING YOU A STORY!!!

I thought it was clear...IF IT WAS CLEAR AS MUD...SORRY

12. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Don't worry GEORGE. You were clear, and I didn't think you were questioning me (and Saar). :)

I think you just have to push through to the Account Services to get the 8.49%.

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I will wait till I get the answer on my BLUE limit increase...I WAS DENIED because they DECIDED that the DELTA GOLD "SPIN-OFF" was a LIMIT INCREASE!!!

HUHHHH?

$15,500 BLUE
    --------------------------
    SPIN-OFF
    --------------------------
    $10,500 BLUE
    $5,000 DELTA GOLD

I JUST DON'T SEE THE INCREASE ANYWHERE!!! DOES ANYBODY SEE IT???

14. desrman

desrman Banned

Spoke with them again, Nope 9.9 is the lowest we have on this card.
    You dont use the card how do you expect to get a lower rate??. LOL yea sure with 14.9 APR that i had before i will use it.. I dont think so.
    Got some more info though, it seems that after Greenspan reduced the interest rates these folks did a first cut of list of customers who should be given a lower rate and yours truly is not in that list. There is a plan to reduce the slab rates from 9.9, 10.9, 12.9 , 14.9 to lower rates in near future.

Saar,
    The number you gave goes to collections, the number 18003379555 will connect directly to the credit dept.

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I have 1-800-678-0745 (ACCOUNT SERVICES) AMEX
    and 1-800-678-0738<----this may be an outdated # (DID NOT TRY IT)

[EDIT]

I HAVE MBNA (RATE DEPARTMENT~RETENTION) 1-800-336-2974

16. marci

marci Well-Known Member

How bizzare. I just called:

x0738 and if you press 0, it does take you to collections. I called this number a few weeks ago when Saar first posted it and it did take me to account services at that time.

x0745 just gets you to a regular customer service menu, though I didn't follow it through to see if I would end up with account services. I did call this a couple of weeks ago to verify my repricing and it took me to account services at that time.

As of today, 1-800-337-9555 takes you to the "repricing" dept , where the rep just told me "this is where you call if you want to get your interest rate lower".

Go figure...

17. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I'm AMAZED at the "MUSICAL CHAIRS" the CREDIT CARD COMPANIES and CRA'S play with their phone lines...and they from time to time say~~"WE DON'T HAVE A FAX MACHINE"

18. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

As of today, 1-800-337-9555 takes you to the "repricing" dept , where the rep just told me "this is where you call if you want to get your interest rate lower".
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AMEX or MBNA???

19. marci

marci Well-Known Member

AmEx

20. Saar

Saar Banned

Ready, set, CALL !!!

Saar