Amex Blue Cash Requirements

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jaytee, Sep 27, 2003.

1. jaytee

jaytee Well-Known Member

i want to apply for an amex blue but i want to make sure i get approved and i want a big limit because it looks good on the CR and i might need it to help with a down payment on a house soon. i will have 3 years credit in 2 months but i have a score of 694. should i apply now. also will they verify income. i want to say i earn more because i actually do have income thats not verifiable. thanks for help in advance.

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

The 694 score by itself would most likely get you approved. But, I have been told by Amex, as have others, that you need 2 cc's with at least 2 years perfect paying history.

3. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

thats been the case for a while

4. NJones

NJones Well-Known Member

Does AMEX tolerate any negatives?

5. Brad J

Brad J Well-Known Member

Nope. Well, not exactly. 1 or 2 30-day lates in the last 2 years are OK if your score is good. Any BK no matter how old, or even one instance of a 60,90,120 day late will guarantee your denial with AMEX. Retention or PFB will not help here.

6. willgator

Re: Re: Amex Blue Cash Requirements

brad is right

7. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Amex has pulled Efx every time I have applied. However, they do there AR's with Exp. At the time of my first approval with Amex, I was still fighting to get a dismissed bk off of Exp and TU. They must have seen it every time they did an AR???? I got it removed shortly after my 2nd approval from them. It never affected anything.

Had they seen it on Efx when I applied, I'm sure I would have been denied.

8. jaytee

jaytee Well-Known Member

i was reading that they have a 1000-3500 limit on cash advances daily. does anyone know what the total limit on cash advances is though. is it the same as your regular limit.

also which amex blue is better. amex blue or amex blue cash. i might use the airline miles but doesnt it take a long time to get enough that matter. also the amex blue has a 7.99% rate where blue cash has 8.99% at their lowest rates.

9. NiceGuy

NiceGuy Well-Known Member

I am going to go with regular Blue 7.99 since it is a fixed instead of variable APR. If you want the cashback and don't carry a balance, then the Blue Cash may be better since the APR wouldn't matter.

Just my two cents...

-NiceGuy

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Amex Blue Cash Requirements

I TRIED TO GET AMEX TO MAKE MY "CASH ADVANCE" LIMIT TO BE $0.00!!!!!!!

They REFUSED!!!!

You should not ever need a CASH ADVANCE...it is WAY CHEAPER to do a BT!!!!!

11. willgator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Amex Blue Cash Requirements

hahahah

12. jaytee

jaytee Well-Known Member

i dont want to have to get cash advances but i might need it to help with closing costs on an upcoming mortgage. will i be able to take cash advances and not hurt my credit for the loan or does escrow need to hold the down payment and closing costs. im going to do a low doc loan.

13. rackt3

rackt3 Well-Known Member

As long as there aren't any major lates in the last 2 years