Amex Blue line increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Maurice, Nov 9, 2001.

1. Maurice

Maurice Well-Known Member

Have had the card since March. Went online to check my bill today and, just for kicks, pressed the button to ask for a credit-line increase.

Imagine my surprise when I got a message that said I was automatically preapproved for a $500 increase. All I have to do is press a button.

I haven't taken advantage of it yet.

Anyone know if they pull an inquiry, even though it's preapproved?

Saar or others?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any button except the regular "FILL IN THE FORM" page...
    I have called on the phone...
    I have e-mailed...

NO LUCK 2 years...NEVER LATE.

WHERE IS THIS BUTTON???

3. Maurice

Maurice Well-Known Member

George:

Log onto your account on the Amex site. Click on the "Recent Card Activity" button. That will take you to a page that looks like an electronic statement.

The "Request Credit Increase" button is about half way down the page, in the "Credit Line Summary" area.

Mo

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I get an "APPLICATION" to fill out...

5. mj

mj Well-Known Member

The $500 is a "default" button - if there isn't anything better available.

Amex is funny about increases - sometimes they can do it instantly and sometimes they want to pull a complete bureau.

I've had luck calling during regular business hours, getting xferred to the Centurian Bank people, they ask "how much do you want" and I'll usually ask for the max, as I'm trying to build my credit.

I started at $9k... 1st attempt (9 months after opened) I got +$5,300. 2nd attempt (18 months after opened) I got another +$5k. They did ask for income, job info, and housing payment each time. They didn't pull a bureau on those two occasions, although at about 15 months I asked for an increase and they did pull a report and declined it (too many new accounts).

Good luck--

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR A $500 INCREASE AFTER TWO YEARS...