AMEX BLUE NO AUTOMATIC INCREAS

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, Feb 9, 2001.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

JUST CALLED THIRTY MINUTES AGO...she said I had to apply for a credit line increase, she offered to transfer me, I said no thank you, other creditors increased my limit no application and credit report required, AFTER OVER ONE YEAR!!!

:(

OTHERS HAVEN'T HAD ANY TROUBLE GETTING "PRE-APPROVED INCREASES"...

WHAT DID I DO WRONG???

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: AMEX BLUE NO AUTOMATIC INC

I could threaten to close it, but I wouldn't want to follow through...

3. Saar

Saar Banned

George wrote:
    "WHAT DID I DO WRONG???"

Their bank automaticly pre-approved me for increases after a few months w/ them. If your payment history is excellent, this could only be a RATIO problem, which you can fix easily and swiftly. I believe that was also the problem w/ your Juniper application.

Saar

4. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

I called Fleet Last week and was told I have to fill a small application for line increase and they will pull a credit report.My Fleet account was opened Last April.

5. ble103

ble103 Guest

Yes saar is right.You have enough credit as far with your income.Creditors has your credit rating at all times,if you pass their criteria for an automatic credit line increase you get it.If not it should tell you somthing even if you have got an execellent credit rating.I used to have a card with AMEX but i closed it,i wished i havn't done so after a 1 month from canceling their card.They send me a 9.9% balance transfer offer until the balance is paid in full,here was the bonus with the offer at that time.My credit limit was 6,500.00,they pre approved me to increase my credit line to 17K! by transferring balances too their card.It is too late after i canceled the account.Oh WELL. I am happy to say that i got a total of 88K worth of credit limits now,so i can't feel bad for what i done with AMEX.

6. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

How come Amex and Discover are so stingy with credit increases? I have both cards and neither one will increase my limit without pulling my credit report. Since I will be applying for a mortgage soon I don't want any inquiries on it, but my total credit with both of them is $4200. Whew! The one department store card I have (Hechts) has no problem increasing my limit automatically. Anybody have any suggestions on a good card with a low interest rate and high credit limit. My credit is good - no lates, no judgements, etc. Thanks for your help.

Dani

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I also have DISCOVERCARD...I spend $30,000-$60,000/YEAR (one year $80,000) PAY IN FULL, NEVER LATE, SIX PLUS YEARS.

No "automatic" or "pre-approved" increase ever, they will with application and inquiry.

:(

8. Greg

Greg Guest

Try NextCard - I have 9.9% fixed and $7,000 limit.

9. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

A good customer for six years, spending 30,000-80,000 a year, George why do you stay?
    I just thought of the answer - cashback rewards. Discover must cry each time they write you a check. What has been Discover's excuse for not giving you an increase on your perfect credit history with them? Take care.

Dani

10. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Greg, thanks for your input about NextCard. I am going to give them a try after I get approved for a mortgage. Do they have a minimum income requirement or FICO score?
    Thanks.

Dani

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THEY NEVER SAY EXCEPT...I can apply with a credit report pulled. THAT'S THEIR POLICY THEY SAY...

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I was thinking about AMERICANEXPRESS CASH BACK CARD...but same company...same problem...APPLICATION AND INQUIRY if i dumped DISCOVERCARD.

13. ble103

ble103 Guest

Each creditor has their own criteria when it comes to granting credit limit increases.The 3 main items you should look at Are you maxed out on your cards?Do you have too much availiable credit?,and last but least do you have sufficent income to cover the increase on your credit limits?Also here is a another reason too,are you on paying min-due only?If so creditors usually won't increase your credit limits because you are not convinecing them that you are paying down on your debt within reason.Your credit score will reflect that when calcalated.If you want to increase your chances on getting any kind of increase on your credit limits,pay atleast twice the min-due on your total payments on all your cards.Like if your payments total $170.00 then you would want to pay $340.00 instead of the other.Then after 9 months of this then you should qualify for an increase.

14. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Of my two credit cards the Discover I pay in full (used the six months free interest and paid everything off in the fifth month). Amex Blue I probably have used 60% of the balance (kind of high), but my minimum payment is $50 and I usually send them $200-300 a month. Amex gave me an increase with no problem after having the card for six months, but they pulled my credit report to do it-which kind of ticked me off. Discover, on the other hand, probably doesn't like me because they make no money off me. I don't need a high increase, but I like it when a company gives you an increase without you having to ask. Kind of like a pat on the back for being a good customer.

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

(AMEX BLUE) I HAVE A 7.90% BALANCE TRANSFER NOW...min <$300/month, I paid ...

DEC 2000 PAID $926.85
    JAN 2001 PAID $993.99
    FEB 2001 PAID $992.83

F.Y.I. THE ACCOUNT IS OVER 1 YEAR OLD...