Amex Blue or Green Charge- Whi

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by katrina, Feb 25, 2001.

1. katrina

katrina Guest

Which of the two cards, is the easiest to qualify for?

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Amex Blue or Green Charge-

The green.

3. Sister Gir

Sister Gir Guest

In my opinion,the green "may" be harder because your charges are approved based on several factors(income,credit bureau,etc),versus Blue which will have an exact dollar limit that will be enforced.

Sister Girl

4. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I think Blue is easier.

5. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

The Green Card.

6. Michael

Michael Guest

WRONG... Sorry but I've asked this question myself directly to AMEX and was told that the Green Card is easier as Amex has more control over your spending. (How much easier is not known it could be 5 Fico points!)

This is especially true in the first few months which really is a proving period.

If your credit score and/or income isn't high they could give you a cap of $750.00 (unknown to you) and if you wanted to go over they will then ask to verify that you have the funds in the bank to pay them!

With the optima card you have a minimum $2,000 limit which can be spent in one go.

7. Sister Gir

Sister Gir Guest

still DISAGREE....

They have NEVER verified funds in my account,even though I went from $650 to $2100 in one 30 day billing(no overage from prior month).Also,they have NEVER pulled a hard or soft inquiry to approve my purchases.

I know this because I pay my AMEX from a certain account & KNOW when the funds are placed there;so yet again,the hardest card is the GREEN.

Sister Girl

P.S.--Better yet,let's asj Jason-Amex Rep ?

8. mvfl

mvfl Guest

I called Amex myself to ask the same question about 2 weeks ago. The rep told me that they are a little less strict on the credit requirements for the green card than the blue, because the blue is a revolving line where you can carry a balance. Apparently that's a little riskier for them. Revolving credit is ALWAYS more difficult than other types of credit. I was able to borrow $17000+ on a car loan, but I can't get a darn revolving line for over $500.

If your credit/income is borderline and you are applying for the green they will impose a cap on the card for a while. You may also get the blue with questionable credit/income with a *low* $2000 limit.

9. Michael

Michael Guest

Maybe they never asked you about the bank acct. ballance because you already proved yourself!

$3,000.00 isn't a lot for a member of 1 yr with a payment history, but it is for a new member with out one!

10. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

THAT'S WHAT I SAID!! (The green is easier to get.) Could you be more polite in the future??

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WHO CARES, I HAVE BLUE...DON'T WANT GREEN

12. Michael

Michael Guest

Excuse me Geo.

The post was "WHICH CARD IS HARDER TO GET?"

You said Green.

You did not say green was easier, and I was not impolite!